FloorsCleaning

Using Windex On Engineered Hardwood Floor

Category Floors

Does anyone know what damage Windex can do to engineered hardwood floors? It seems to be the only product that works for me and doesn't leave streaks and mark up by simply walking on it? I have used both Bona Swedish Formula and Swifter Wet Jet which were disastrous as they show every foot step and dog print.

MJ from Canada

By (Guest Post)

The ONLY thing I have found that doesn't streak is Armstrong floor cleaner. It smells really good, also! I get it at Wal-Mart, Target, grocery stores, etc. You can find it anywhere.

By (Guest Post)

The ONLY thing I have found that doesn't streak is Armstrong floor cleaner. It smells really good, also!

You should not use Windex on a hardwood floor because it contains amonia. Amonia strips the finish off the wood flooring over a period of time. You should use 1/2 cup white vinegar to 1 gal. water - if you wanted to try something different.