Pet PagesPets

Gabe

Gabe is a 5 year old mixed breed. One cold winter morning, my son awoke to prepare for work. As he opened his door, he found this little guy on his step, shaking, scared, and hungry. As he looked into those sad brown eyes, it was love at first sight.

He brought him in and gave him something to eat. His toe nails were embedded with salt from the streets and his fur matted from lack of care. My son has since taught him to sit, stay, and give five. They have a special bond; I can tell the way Gabe looks at him.

Gabe is very playful and loves to play tug of war, fetch, and cuddle! He is learning to trust humans again!

Poem:

As I looked in his eyes one more cast off of human society, I saw in his eyes love, hope, fear, dread, sadness, and betrayal. It made me angry. God I said, why don't you do something. God was silent for a moment, and then he spoke. I have done something I created you!

Unknown.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Anonymous

What a sweet and wonderful story! Bless your son, wait, he is blessed to have a friend like Gabe :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a wonderful story! Thank you and your dear son for taking in this adorable little one. May you all have many long and happy years together.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

He found you, he will give a lifetime of love. What a wonderful life!

Reply Like this photo? Yes