Getting White Clothing White Again

How can I get my white uniform (nurse dress) back to white?

By D. Oatis

Best Answer

If it's just a dingy white color that can't be helped with bleach or Oxyclean, try 'liquid bluing', it's been around since forever! It's in the laundry dept of the store, in a blue bottle. It's a little scary using it at 1st because it is a very dark blue (how could something blue possibly make your clothes white instead of dying it blue?). I believe (haven't used it in awhile) you are supposed to add it to the water & let it agitate before you add the clothing, but it works very well, it makes your white clothing whiter & brighter!

Add the bluing acc to directions. Add small amount to quart-size cont , mix, then add to wash.

Not dispenser. Better, soak in a bucket or dishpan w/ hot water for 30-40 min's then pop in the laundry.

Can you use bleach to clean your uniform? If yes, try washing like you usually do with detergent and add bleach.
Don't put it in the dryer, which will set any stain, but try drying it stretched out in the bright sunlight.
My sister swears by this trick.

Good Luck!

I have recently started using Oxyclean instead of bleach in my wash. It whitens and is not as harsh as bleach. It can be used on colors too. It won't yellow the fqbric with blends, such as cotton/poly.

I agree with MartyD.. Use Oxyclean, it is wonderful.

I always used "IRON OUT" for my white nursing uniforms and my families white tees. It is a powder sold at Walmart near the hardware section or paint section.It will amaze you.

Pre Spray or add to soak with Hydrogen peroxide. The soak with borax in hot water before regular wash. Dont put in dryer if any stain is left. Repeat.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJuly 13, 2011
📓
🌻
🎂