A Very Hungry Caterpillar Playset
Inspired by the Eric Carle book and similarly armed with a hole punch, you and your child can create an interactive extension of learning playset.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- hole punch
- cereal box
- pipe cleaner or shoelace
- With crayons, draw foods onto the empty side of the cereal box cardboard.
- Cut out your food shapes.
- Use a hole punch to put holes into the cardboard food shapes.
Tip: if you have a two-hole punch, young children may find that easier to use and can actually do some of the punching.
- Double the pipe cleaner over on itself or twist the ends backwards to hide the sharp end. This is your caterpillar.
- Now it's playtime. Re-enact the story, or take your caterpillar on a whole new culinary adventure.
By Kirsten from Logan, UT
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
This picture was supposed to upload :)
Add your voice to the conversation.