Adding Scent to Old Potpourri

I found some old potpourri in the closet recently, but the smell of pumpkin is gone. I hate to throw it out since it's brand new, must have gotten misplaced. Is there a way of making it smell like pumpkin again? Thanks.

Bonnie from Zion, IL

Answers:

Adding Scent to Old Potpourri

I just buy the scented oils (essential oil) and sprinkle it on my old potpourri, keep it in a closed container for a few days and then put it out. I hear you can use Oris root to extend the length of the "smell". Haven't tried that yet. (01/23/2009)

By Linda

Adding Scent to Old Potpourri

I do this all the time. Just add a few drops of pumpkin scented oil to the potpourri. It is sold where you buy the products for making candles. There are lots and lots of scents. Wal-Mart sells this oil and so does Michael's or any craft store. I like the pumpkin scent also. Pour a few drops in the bag and shake it up. Let it set in the bag for a little while to absorb the oil. You can do this over and over. Janette (01/23/2009)

By ashleybunkin

Adding Scent to Old Potpourri, Dried Flowers in Container
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
A pink bag filled with potpourri hanging from a door handle.
Uses for Potpourri
A sachet filled with potpourri
Crafts Using Potpourri
Making a Potpourri Pie
Making a Potpourri Pie
🎉
🎄