Making a Potpourri Pie
June 24, 2008
This a pie that not only smells great, but looks great too. Muslin is cut to look like pie dough, potpourri is the the filling and more muslin for that open looking pie. You can even bake this one too!
Approximate Time: 40 minutes
- 9 inch pie tin
- glue gun and sticks
- pinking shears
- Cut the muslin strip 24 inches by 1 inches for circumference of the pie tin.
- Place this whole strip in pie tin and have material go back and forth and glue each fold of material.
- Top strip muslin; I used 4 strips, 1 inch by 8 inches, but you can use 6. I used pinking shears to make the cuttings.
- Place 2 strips across from each other about an inch apart and then put potpourri in, the fuller the better. Then weave strip under and over.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, and I used an apple topper. Use your imagination.
Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Place pie on cookie sheet and turn oven off. Put pie in and close door, leave in for 7-10 minutes. Keep an eye on this item. Baking brings out the smell. Can be cooked 3 times and then use potpourri oil after that, or new potpourri.
By Sally M from Buffalo, NY
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.