Adjusting Waistbands

Whether it's a growth or weight issue, often times clothes need adjustment at the waist. This guide is about adjusting waistbands.

July 31, 2012 Flag

This comes in handy for those times when you just ate and need a little more room in your pants. All you have to have is a small rubber band loop it through the opening and then it makes a loop for you to put on your button of your pants. So easy to do.

By Teresa L S. from Greensburg, KY

This works well! When I was pregnant a few months a long I had to go to a funeral for my ex's cousin and my only black pants didn't fit! I actually used a hair band : ) People pay for this at Walmart.

Great idea. Just make sure that you wear long shirts. I'm thing Deluth Trading Co.'s Long Tail Tee.

I just lost weight and pants were so loose as to be uncomfortable and not fit right. Not using a sewing machine nor hand stitching the waistband, I hand sewed a button with shank to the waistband at the point that would tighten as desired.

Then I added a short chain (like a key chain) looped around the new button, twisted the chain and slid it over the original button, forming another loop/"S". This little fix made the fit about 2.5" tighter. The elastic hair bands "give" or stretch to much for tightening. Try it out.

Source: Necessity is the mother of invention

I read this as 'Pants - ex Panda'. Wake up, Marg!

September 13, 2016 Flag

If your trouser or skirt waistband is a bit too tight, tie a pony tail band to the button hole and loop it onto the button to fasten.

closeup of band holding button

February 1, 2011 Flag

To extend the waist a little bit on a pair of pants, take a rubber band and attach it to a button hole. Bring the rubber band through the hole and bring it back through its own "loop" to secure it. The button you your pants will now go through the loop on the rubber band.

August 28, 2013 Flag

A slightly stretchy shoelace at least 12 inches larger than your waist is a great way to cinch up a slightly sagging waistline.

Crafts Sewing How ToAugust 8, 2012
Adjusting the Temperature in a Refrigerator
Adjusting Picture Ratio on TV
Adjusting Picture Ratio on TV Screen
Computer Monitor
Adjusting the Resolution on a Computer Monitor
Repair person sewing on a machine.
Adjusting the Tension on Your Sewing Machine