GardenPhotos

Ajuga Chocolate Kiss

Photo Description
There's not a whole lot going on in the garden just now. I do have lots of flower and vegetable seedlings beginning to emerge. Oh! I have popcorn coming up. I just planted some I bought for eating. I got near 100% germination.

There are still a few little treasures to be found at this time if you look carefully. My ajuga is in full bloom. It's a nice ground cover. It will even grow well in shade under trees providing it gets enough moisture.

It spreads quickly and you can easily help it along by sprigging small pieces. They take root in almost no time.

Pictured is Ajuga Chocolate Kiss. I think It's one of the newer varieties. It performs well and the blooms are very nice.

If you choose to use ajuga as a potted plant as I have done here, you might want to consider one of the varieties with variegated leaves. With these, you will have an interesting display after the blooms are spent.

This is very pretty and I do not have it - yet!

What a nice thing to do with pretty ground covers and a good way to make it available for gifts - just pot it up and wait for a visitor..

Thanks for the photo and info as I'm always looking for new (to me) ground covers.

Reply Like this photo? Yes