Angel Food Ministries

When I worked part time at my Church, we received may calls for help with food to feed the family. We only had so much available and it was never enough to meet the great need. This is one of the options we offered to help people who were not able to get the help from us on a ongoing basis. Hopefully, this will be a great place for others to also get more food from their food budget.

Angel Food Ministries works to provide grocery relief to communities throughout the US. It is completely free to participate and there are no income limitations or forms to fill out. The non-denominational program works with local community churches and organizations to provide boxes, or "units", of food to people at the cost of $25 per unit. Each month, your local host site will collect orders and payment, then about 2 weeks later you bring your own box to pickup your order. To find a host site in your town, go to:

The unit contents are different each month, and each unit is generally considered to be at least a $50 dollar value. To see what this month's menu is for your area, go to:

Once you purchase a unit either for yourself or someone else, you also have the option of three special packages as add-ons to your order, each for a substantial discount over grocery store prices.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall

Angel Food Ministries

We have been using AFM for a year - and I think I have missed 3 months in the year's time of getting my order in. This is a wonderful ministry. Working in the public assistance area for 24 years of my life it is so great to see a program with no income guidleines at all. And what a great value for $25.00. My spouse has been out of work - so I am the only one with an income - and I can say for certain, that God has used AFM to bless our family.

Not to mention - that the clients that our agency serves, can use their FS benefits in a lot of sites to get great deals!

Thanks --- Angel Food Ministries -- what a wonderful program.... (09/29/2007)

By Chaingang

Angel Food Ministries

I just became aware of this program but I'm sure it will help out many in the community and surrounding areas that can get to it. The good thing is that the ones with FS can also get the food!! It truly is a GODSEND! (10/14/2007)

By Zina

Angel Food Ministries
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Datura Angel Trumpet
Growing Angel Trumpet
Crocheted Heart Angel
Crocheted Heart Angel
Angel Food Cake
Angel Food Cake Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 18, 2016 at 10:28:42 AM on in 897 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.