Gluten Free Angel Food Cake
Delicious light and spongy angel food that is suitable for a gluten-free diet. This is a page about gluten free angel food cake
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
- 12 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup sifted Gluten Free Flour (see recipe below)
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) and salt until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Add 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Sift remaining 1/2 cup sugar and flour together. Gently fold into egg whites. Add flavorings. (Do not beat.)
- Spoon the batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Invert cake and cool 1 hour or until completely cool. Remove cake from pan.
Gluten Free Flour
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
Blend ingredients together. Substitute for regular flour. NOTE: The original cake recipe calls for 1 cup sifted cake flour. I substituted the gluten free flour for the cake flour. This cake is delicious.
By littergitter from NC
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.