Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

I'm looking for reviews on a product called the Steam Shark. Do you like it, and is it worth the price?

Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Answers:

Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

It works well on wood floors, but my tile has a little texture to it and it won't go across it so I end up mopping anyway. All in all, I now know I could've done without it. If I had smooth or slick floors all around I would probably like it more. I wish I had gotten something besides the Shark, something that I could also use by hand to clean cabinet fronts, etc. (08/13/2008)

By Mary

Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

Okay, pad is hard to get on right and it's very hard to push, but it does get the job done, also pads are hard to wash. (08/15/2008)

By Erik

Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

I love it. I used to clean my kitchen and bathroom floors on hands and knees, this only takes 5 minutes and the floors are clean. Sometimes you have to go over a couple of times, but they come out clean. The only thing the replacement pads seem to be a little pricey. I have not bought any yet so maybe they might come down in price, because it is so new. (08/18/2008)

By Fran

Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

Shark Mop was junk. I have used both, the Shark and the H2O stem mops. I absolutely love the H2O mop. The Shark mop left a mess on my floors (laminate wood and tile), took much longer to dry than the H2O and the water chamber is much smaller. You also have to pump the water into the chamber on the Shark model, whereas the H2O is a constant flow of steam. I returned the Shark mop and kept the H2O mop. (01/04/2009)

By Jenn

Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

I've had my Shark Steam Mop for about a year now and it's just about the only thing I use on my floors now. I love it. If my floors are extremely dirty (spills, mud, etc) I will damp mop it first. But otherwise I use the Steam Mop exclusively and my floors have never been cleaner. My white socks even stay white.

Sometimes I will add just a touch of Mr Clean with Febreze to the water, but usually I use plain tap water. It has an extremely long cord so I don't have to keep unplugging and plugging. It only takes about 15 seconds to heat up. And it's so lightweight it's very easy to use. And it dries in seconds, too.

The only problem I have with it, is the pads are fairly expensive. But I found a way around that, too. I found patterns (one knit, one crochet) to make my own pad covers for it and plan to make several.

I would, and have, recommend it to anyone. (04/19/2009)

By Cricketnc

Steam Mop
Using a Steam Mop
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Spin Mop
Spin Mop Product Reviews
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
🎉
🎄