Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats

Proper application of topical flea medication is not only more effective, but safer for your pet. This is a guide about applying topical flea medication on cats.

Solutions: Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Applying Flea Treatment Effectively

Use a comb to part and hold up the dog/cat's fur when applying spot-on flea treatment. I comb the fur in the opposite direction from the way it grows. In other words, I comb it upwards to expose a good line of the skin. This makes it easier to apply the treatment properly.

By Tammie from Auburn, GA

Tip: Applying Topical Flea Meds on Cats

Numi with terry cloth cleaning rag.

I followed the package directions when applying flea treatment to my Numi cat and placed it between the shoulder blades. Well, Mr. Flexible had no trouble twisting around to lick the spot, sigh.

So, while keeping a very close eye on him, to prevent the kerchief from catching on something, I loosely tied a terry cloth cleaning rag around his neck, after blotting up any liquid that might have gotten on the surface of his fur. I was working in the same room, so he was quite safe. After a bit he stopped trying to lick, so I removed the cloth.

Lesson learned, I will always put the drops higher up on his neck to keep him from licking himself.

These medications work well on most pets, but do keep close watch after applying them, as some dogs and cats can have moderate to serious reactions to them. We had to switch brands a few years ago when the product we used on our dog made her nauseous.

By

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!