Buying Generic Capstar Flea Medication

Category Fleas
Capstar is a fast acting anti-flea medication for dogs and cats. Many such treatments can also be found in a generic formula. This is a guide about buying generic Capstar flea medication.

Is there another generic Capstar for cats? I tried clicking on the one Robyn posted, but it goes to a dead link. :( I came across another site that has reviews saying it's as good as Capstar, and it has nitenpyram in it. It has good reviews, but I'm still a little hesitant. Thoughts? https://happypetlabs.com/products/generic-nitenpyram-for-cats-and-dogs-12mg-and-57mg

Answers

Best Answer

Generic Capstar is sold on eBay and Amazon as well as other pet sites and also in most pet supply stores. I have not read or heard of any problems using this on cats or dogs (my family uses it for both cats and dogs).

• Generic Capstar is sold in different sizes according to the weight of the cat or dog and usually one size will work for either a cat or dog.
  • Just be sure to read everything before you purchase so you will be sure to get what you need for your animal.
  • The most important thing about the flea medicine is that it only kills adult fleas. It only lasts for 24 hours but will kill adult fleas and you can give it again the following day or how ever many days you still see fleas on your animal.
  • Ad

• If you have a bad flea infestation you may need a different type of medication that will last for a longer period of time and will also kill young fleas and flea eggs.
  • Here is a link to sales on eBay.
  • https://www.eba  ats&_sacat=0

Have any of you tried this product? It is a chicken flavored flea killer that is gone out of your pets system in 24 hours the same as Capstar. If you have any feedback on this product, I would love to hear it, good or bad. I have read all the positive feedback on amazon.com and it seems like a good product.

Here is what the product is: http://www.amazon.com/Chicken-Flavored-Killer-Capsules-Dogs/...?tag=thrif06-20

Thank you and blessings!

By Robyn from TN

Answers

I tried it for my dogs and it did not work at all, did make my dogs scratch like they never have before. I have 3 dogs and only the Capstar seems to work.

The house next door has been abandoned and I have been fighting fleas all summer and all this winter. The house even has rats coming to my yard. I am really upset about this as my poor babies are suffering from it.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this! Are your dogs all large sized dogs? They will probably have to be on topical and there are good deals on the topical stuff at amazon.com.

Is there somewhere you can report that abandoned house to? I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Also, I apreciate you telling me that this product doesn't work.

Blessings,
Robyn

I have 6 dogs and 4 cats and have used this product on all of them. The first time it scared me a little as they all were panting for about 45 minutes...after that they all scratched like crazy for about 20 minutes.

I had put a white sheet down on the floors and you could see all the fleas falling off and dying....so, my opinion, yes it works. my dogs range in weight from 7 to 90 lbs. Hope this helps.