Asking a Guy to Prom

Prom is coming up for my school. It is in April, because I go to a private school. I was thinking about asking this guy I know to prom. We have chapel and when we sing the songs there is a slide show showing us the words. I was thinking about having a slide at the end saying "Will you go to prom with me?" and there would be a picture of us on there. It would be in front of the whole high school. Tell me what you think.

Desiree from Klamath Falls, OR

Asking a Guy to Prom

Unless you are **absolutely** sure he wants to go with you and is going to say yes, I would reconsider asking him in front of the whole school (no matter how small it is).

The slide show idea is adorable, however you could certainly create a power point presentation (perhaps for an "idea" you've come up with for a class project, sports, whatever)? (03/18/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

Asking a Guy to Prom

I think that it might put him on the spot. So to avoid possible embarrassment, maybe it would be best to ask him personally. Perhaps a sweet letter including all of the reasons that you chose to ask him? Hope that he says yes!

By Anonymous

Asking a Guy to Prom

My son was asked by a girl to the prom and had to tell her no because he had other obligations. She asked him privately and he had to tell her he could not go with her. He felt bad about it even with it being in private. Definitely ask in private and tell him it is all right if he can't. In front of the school could be embarrassing for you and him. (03/20/2008)

By Har'iet

Asking a Guy to Prom

Guys aren't really as romantic and sentimental as girls. If you are expecting a big reaction out of him in front of the whole school, like being overjoyed that you asked him or something, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. Asking him one-on-one gives him the opportunity to answer honestly yes or no without a lot of pressure. Plus I doubt your school will let you do that anyway. Imagine if everybody wanted to ask their date that way, it would just be impossible. (03/20/2008)

By Allison

A girl with her prom date.
Asking a Guy to Prom
Closet full of prom dresses.
Planning a Prom Dress Re-Sale Event
Three girls wearing prom dresses.
Saving Money on Prom Dresses
Girl waiting for her date to a dance.
Asking a Guy to Winter Formal
Couple Going to Prom
Saying Yes to a Prom Invitation