Athletic Banquet Centerpiece Ideas

One of the considerations when planning an athletic banquet is the table centerpieces. This is a guide about athletic banquet centerpiece ideas.

January 5, 2016 Flag

We are in need of centerpiece ideas and general decorating ideas for our upcoming field hockey banquet. We prefer not to use balloons, but any and all ideas are welcome! We had a phenomenal season so we want to make this a banquet to remember! Thank you so much for helping us with your ideas.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Can you go to a party store and find some small hockey sticks, helmets, and pucks? You can use these to make a cute center pieces for each table. Or if you have a few helmets that players will donate for the day use them for flower decorations. You can add the foam inside the helmets but first line them with a thick plastic. Then fill them with flowers and set them on the tables.

January 8, 2009 Flag

I had to make centerpieces for an athletic banquet. Our school colors are purple and gold. I made 40 centerpieces for less than $200. I bought ornament stands (brass) off eBay in bulk. I found purple star ornaments (with flecks of gold) at a pottery store. I hung these on the stand.

Then I used fishing line to hand a smaller gold star ornament just below it. At the top of the ornament stand I attached gold wire garland with stars and shaped them into a curly design. Then, I tied a very small piece of purple wire ribbon to set it off. Very cute.

We then put small assorted sizes of cardboard boxes on the table, draped them with gold and purple fabric, put small cut glass mirror on top and placed our decorated ornament stand on top. Dollar store was great and fabric was cheap. The trick is to find the ornament stand and ornaments in bulk and on sale.

By Booster Rat from Fayetteville, NC

Sounds awesome. The same or something similar could be done for wedding reception tables or any kind of party celebrations. If you have a picture, please post it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see it. Thanks.

Margaret from Denton, Texas

Yes, a picture would be nice. Good ideas about buying those things in bulk. Thanks.

April 16, 2012 Flag

I need centerpiece ideas for an athletic banquet. The sports we're celebrating are basketball, baseball/softball, track, and cheerleading.

By Lisa L.

You have many sports to represent so go with neutral, elegant flowers. It is better to err on the side of elegant than to have one team feel slighted. My daughter's team won the NCAA' s national championship the year I had to help with the banquet(s). We got round mirrors from the least expensive source, topped them with shallow glass bowls and floated flowers and candles in them for each table using the school colors (white flowers and blue candles).

We used a set of three (or five or seven) of these at the head table depending on the banquet. For a very fancy evening affair I simply immersed inexpensive denobrium orchids in five tall, thin cylinder vases and lit them with a floor "up light". I covered paint cans of differing heights with an elegant "scrunched up" table cloth so the cylinders were at differing heights. The "wow factor" was appreciated by the coaches, athletic director, even the college president. It all came in under $65 (!) for set of three banquets.

I have used flats of flowers, popped out of individuals cells and inserted in "dollar store" pails. Pack those puppies in there so they look lush. Then you could put the teams on card stock of the school colors, attached to a skewer and put in each little bucket. Have your "pep squad" put some pompoms at the head table at the base of each little pail.

The athletes and coaches at your banquet are certain to appreciate any effort you make. They are your true centerpieces!

Make up 3D footballs, basketballs and track items and put them on a skewer and arrange them on the table in a vase or piece of styrofoam in a basket with flowers of your schools colors. for the cheer leaders make up pom poms with yarn and put a skewer through them and add them to the bouquet.

Your teams will love something like this. You can also make say Mike is in Baseball, a baseball with his name on it. Joe is in Football, a football with his name on it and continue through the teams. They'll love the personalization.

January 28, 2005 Flag

We are having our high school football banquet in March 2005 and I would like to get some inexpensive ideas for centerpieces. Please help! Our colors are red, black and white. Thanks!

Vanessa

We've always used the boys' actual football helmets. We request them from the coach, polish them up, tie some balloons to the face mask, and place them on the tables, and sprinkle some confetti around them. Looks great!

Here's what I did. You could use any type ball!

May 10, 2009 Flag

Any ideas for inexpensive favors for a boys' track banquet? We expect around 30 boys to attend. Also, any ideas for "thank you" gifts for the banquet committee?

By Ellen B. from Germantown, TN

Centerpieces can be very inexpensive. Take old balls (all types) If a ball cut a hole in it and place artificial flowers with pictures of the team, you could use old shoes, cheer leading pop,pops, school pendents check the dollar store for party supplies, napkins,plates, children's balls, etc. ask friends for old silk flowers and lightly wash them in soap and water, air dry. Have the art dept make banners, flags and hang them all over. Good Luck

We used old track shoes, from the team (Or you can search the thrift stores.) Filled them with some floral foam and silk flowers. We also used shoes laces as streamers. Antother good idea is to use some of the pix accumulated during the season and make little stand up albums for the table.

October 29, 2005 Flag

I am in charge of planning a JV soccer banquet for both boys and girls. Our colors are black and yellow gold and our mascot is a tiger. We don't have a theme, just basically any soccer decoration ideas are needed. Thank you so much for any help.

Melodee from Alamogordo, NM

I need some ideas for decorating a High School Soccer Banquet. Their theme is "We're On Fire" and had their pictures taken in front of a Firetruck. I need decorations for a head table that seats 16 Seniors and 8 round tables for the rest of the team and friends. Then the buffet table and cake table. I thought of candles, firetrucks and firemen hats, small soccer balls, etc. but where do I get these things without spending an arm & a leg? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Melodee, If you can find them cheaply enough, you could cover tables with yellow (or black) table-covers and accessorize with black (or yellow), e.g. place-names or place-mats, as long as the colours contrast you can use whichever combination. For centerpieces you could paint terracotta pots with black stripes for a tiger effect and maybe fill with yellow and black balloons on spikes and buy some cheap polystyrene balls and use felt pens to decorate like small soccer balls and place around the pot. Or you could make temporary place-mats using black or yellow card and painting soccer shirt numbers on them! I hope this helps a little :)

May 4, 2014 Flag

I'm responsible for doing the table centerpieces for a high school crew (rowing) team banquet. (The colors are red/white/blue.) Any ideas? I'm stumped at the moment.

By RM

Could you get paddles (oars), one per table, and use as centerpieces, with vases of red, white and blue flowers (either mixed or one vase of each color at the ends and center of the paddle? If you can't get real ones, perhaps you could make replicas from poster board. If you make replicas, make two per table, cross them and put a vase of the 3 colors of flowers on the center where they cross. Hope this helps.

July 22, 2004 Flag

Our church is having a fall festival and we would like to use a sports theme. We make table decorations that can be auctioned at the end of the night. I need ideas for these decorations. Something that someone would want to purchase and use in there home, etc.

Allen from TX

A very inexpensive centerpiece is to get a med. size tin, like drinks are served in sometimes, and stuff with newspaper, top with colored tissue paper and then start with the fun stuff... bubble pop bubble gum, bags of popcorn, peanuts still in the shell, cracker jacks boxes.., etc. for color buy some bandanas and tie with raffia, and set at all the place settings. OR collect large veggie cans etc. from your local school cafeterias and paint them school or team colors, download pics from internet of school mascot or team mascot, make stencil from pics and spray paint on can. Ask local nurseries to let you borrow plants or flowers along with the plastic sticks that come in plants. Place the sticks in can with plant or flower, and then (after gathering pics of team players young or current) put pics on the sticks. Parents will love this and the team will love seeing themselves on a centerpiece. You can back the pics with thick paper cut into starsc footballs, baseballs etc.

I need table decorations for a cross country banquet

March 12, 2008 Flag

I am planning a youth wrestling banquet and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what type of centerpieces to use. The kids are 5-15 years old. Last year they had flower pots with lollipops in them. Any ideas?

Jen from Downingtown, PA

My son is a wrestling coach and at their dinner, a mother passed out this poem to each mom. Perhaps this would work for you.

Attached is the poem

Just wondering if you found any ideas. I am also planning a season end wrestling banquet and am looking for ideas for centerpieces.

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties School BanquetsJanuary 23, 2013
Baseball Themed Centerpiece
Baseball Themed Centerpiece Ideas
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Banquet Table Decorations
Banquet Table Decoration Ideas
A banquet room without too much decoration.
Decorating for a School Banquet
🎄
🍂