Athletic Banquet Centerpiece Ideas

One of the considerations when planning an athletic banquet is the table centerpieces. This is a guide about athletic banquet centerpiece ideas.

January 8, 2009 Flag

I had to make centerpieces for an athletic banquet. Our school colors are purple and gold. I made 40 centerpieces for less than $200. I bought ornament stands (brass) off eBay in bulk. I found purple star ornaments (with flecks of gold) at a pottery store. I hung these on the stand.

Then I used fishing line to hand a smaller gold star ornament just below it. At the top of the ornament stand I attached gold wire garland with stars and shaped them into a curly design. Then, I tied a very small piece of purple wire ribbon to set it off. Very cute.

We then put small assorted sizes of cardboard boxes on the table, draped them with gold and purple fabric, put small cut glass mirror on top and placed our decorated ornament stand on top. Dollar store was great and fabric was cheap. The trick is to find the ornament stand and ornaments in bulk and on sale.

By Booster Rat from Fayetteville, NC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sounds awesome. The same or something similar could be done for wedding reception tables or any kind of party celebrations. If you have a picture, please post it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see it. Thanks.

Margaret from Denton, Texas

January 5, 2016 Flag

We are in need of centerpiece ideas and general decorating ideas for our upcoming field hockey banquet. We prefer not to use balloons, but any and all ideas are welcome! We had a phenomenal season so we want to make this a banquet to remember! Thank you so much for helping us with your ideas.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Can you go to a party store and find some small hockey sticks, helmets, and pucks? You can use these to make a cute center pieces for each table. Or if you have a few helmets that players will donate for the day use them for flower decorations. You can add the foam inside the helmets but first line them with a thick plastic. Then fill them with flowers and set them on the tables.

April 16, 2012 Flag

I need centerpiece ideas for an athletic banquet. The sports we're celebrating are basketball, baseball/softball, track, and cheerleading.

By Lisa L.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You have many sports to represent so go with neutral, elegant flowers. It is better to err on the side of elegant than to have one team feel slighted. My daughter's team won the NCAA' s national championship the year I had to help with the banquet(s). We got round mirrors from the least expensive source, topped them with shallow glass bowls and floated flowers and candles in them for each table using the school colors (white flowers and blue candles).

We used a set of three (or five or seven) of these at the head table depending on the banquet. For a very fancy evening affair I simply immersed inexpensive denobrium orchids in five tall, thin cylinder vases and lit them with a floor "up light". I covered paint cans of differing heights with an elegant "scrunched up" table cloth so the cylinders were at differing heights. The "wow factor" was appreciated by the coaches, athletic director, even the college president. It all came in under $65 (!) for set of three banquets.

I have used flats of flowers, popped out of individuals cells and inserted in "dollar store" pails. Pack those puppies in there so they look lush. Then you could put the teams on card stock of the school colors, attached to a skewer and put in each little bucket. Have your "pep squad" put some pompoms at the head table at the base of each little pail.

The athletes and coaches at your banquet are certain to appreciate any effort you make. They are your true centerpieces!

Make up 3D footballs, basketballs and track items and put them on a skewer and arrange them on the table in a vase or piece of styrofoam in a basket with flowers of your schools colors. for the cheer leaders make up pom poms with yarn and put a skewer through them and add them to the bouquet.

Your teams will love something like this. You can also make say Mike is in Baseball, a baseball with his name on it. Joe is in Football, a football with his name on it and continue through the teams. They'll love the personalization.

I would look for small toy-sized balls made for kids. Put them on skewers and arrange in floral foam in the centre, surround with small versions of pompoms and paper megaphones. I have also see birthday candles in the shape of sports balls which might work if you floated them in water when they were lit.

January 28, 2005 Flag

We are having our high school football banquet in March 2005 and I would like to get some inexpensive ideas for centerpieces. Please help! Our colors are red, black and white. Thanks!

Vanessa

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Our youth football team is having its banquet and along the same lines as using boxes of salt, we are using large or extra large rolls of toilet paper wrapped in metallic tissue paper in the teams colors and tying balloons to them! Everyone can take the tp home afterwards!

We've always used the boys' actual football helmets. We request them from the coach, polish them up, tie some balloons to the face mask, and place them on the tables, and sprinkle some confetti around them. Looks great!

Here's what I did. You could use any type ball!

May 10, 2009 Flag

Any ideas for inexpensive favors for a boys' track banquet? We expect around 30 boys to attend. Also, any ideas for "thank you" gifts for the banquet committee?

By Ellen B. from Germantown, TN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know if you are familiar with Oriental Trading, but they have great items with a sports theme at low cost. I use them all the time for church, VBS and even birthday items.

Centerpieces can be very inexpensive. Take old balls (all types) If a ball cut a hole in it and place artificial flowers with pictures of the team, you could use old shoes, cheer leading pop,pops, school pendents check the dollar store for party supplies, napkins,plates, children's balls, etc. ask friends for old silk flowers and lightly wash them in soap and water, air dry. Have the art dept make banners, flags and hang them all over. Good Luck

We used old track shoes, from the team (Or you can search the thrift stores.) Filled them with some floral foam and silk flowers. We also used shoes laces as streamers. Antother good idea is to use some of the pix accumulated during the season and make little stand up albums for the table.

October 29, 2005 Flag

I am in charge of planning a JV soccer banquet for both boys and girls. Our colors are black and yellow gold and our mascot is a tiger. We don't have a theme, just basically any soccer decoration ideas are needed. Thank you so much for any help.

Melodee from Alamogordo, NM

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I got plastic firehats from an insurance company in town for my girl scout troop. They often do fire safety programs and are happy to donate to a school organization. Walmart had some of the small soft soccer balls for under a dollar that I used last year for my son's high school soccer banquet. You could also ask around to borrow firetrucks from local day cares or nurseries. I have bought a few items then returned them the next day.

I need some ideas for decorating a High School Soccer Banquet. Their theme is "We're On Fire" and had their pictures taken in front of a Firetruck. I need decorations for a head table that seats 16 Seniors and 8 round tables for the rest of the team and friends. Then the buffet table and cake table. I thought of candles, firetrucks and firemen hats, small soccer balls, etc. but where do I get these things without spending an arm & a leg? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Melodee, If you can find them cheaply enough, you could cover tables with yellow (or black) table-covers and accessorize with black (or yellow), e.g. place-names or place-mats, as long as the colours contrast you can use whichever combination. For centerpieces you could paint terracotta pots with black stripes for a tiger effect and maybe fill with yellow and black balloons on spikes and buy some cheap polystyrene balls and use felt pens to decorate like small soccer balls and place around the pot. Or you could make temporary place-mats using black or yellow card and painting soccer shirt numbers on them! I hope this helps a little :)

May 4, 2014 Flag

I'm responsible for doing the table centerpieces for a high school crew (rowing) team banquet. (The colors are red/white/blue.) Any ideas? I'm stumped at the moment.

By RM

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Could you get paddles (oars), one per table, and use as centerpieces, with vases of red, white and blue flowers (either mixed or one vase of each color at the ends and center of the paddle? If you can't get real ones, perhaps you could make replicas from poster board. If you make replicas, make two per table, cross them and put a vase of the 3 colors of flowers on the center where they cross. Hope this helps.

July 22, 2004 Flag

Our church is having a fall festival and we would like to use a sports theme. We make table decorations that can be auctioned at the end of the night. I need ideas for these decorations. Something that someone would want to purchase and use in there home, etc.

Allen from TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Also check on this site under "party" and there is a request for "Decorating Ideas for a High School "Spring Sports" Banquet". There are ideas there as well.

A very inexpensive centerpiece is to get a med. size tin, like drinks are served in sometimes, and stuff with newspaper, top with colored tissue paper and then start with the fun stuff... bubble pop bubble gum, bags of popcorn, peanuts still in the shell, cracker jacks boxes.., etc. for color buy some bandanas and tie with raffia, and set at all the place settings. OR collect large veggie cans etc. from your local school cafeterias and paint them school or team colors, download pics from internet of school mascot or team mascot, make stencil from pics and spray paint on can. Ask local nurseries to let you borrow plants or flowers along with the plastic sticks that come in plants. Place the sticks in can with plant or flower, and then (after gathering pics of team players young or current) put pics on the sticks. Parents will love this and the team will love seeing themselves on a centerpiece. You can back the pics with thick paper cut into starsc footballs, baseballs etc.

I need table decorations for a cross country banquet

March 12, 2008 Flag

I am planning a youth wrestling banquet and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what type of centerpieces to use. The kids are 5-15 years old. Last year they had flower pots with lollipops in them. Any ideas?

Jen from Downingtown, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My son is a wrestling coach and at their dinner, a mother passed out this poem to each mom. Perhaps this would work for you.

Attached is the poem

Just wondering if you found any ideas. I am also planning a season end wrestling banquet and am looking for ideas for centerpieces.

We used head gears with 4 latex balloons tied to them. We kept it in school colors. They were cheap & looked great!

June 12, 2009 Flag

I am looking for Lacrosse themed table centerpiece ideas for a HS banquet. Any ideas?

By lacrossemom from NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hello! I have two ideas for this: Cake store may have some Lacrosse decor plastic pieces, I would use these and/or PRINT out some pictures/magazine, cut them to liking. Glue to cardboard/stock paper and take it from there, maybe a piece of green outdoor carpet or even real grass, to make a field or something like it, even here you could use a picture and lay it to hold the other pieces. You could actually make a decorated tree, this way or an actual flower bouquet & stick the pictures/decor in with flowers.Feel free to contact me w/any questions or tell me your ideas, this always inspires new tricks & ideas for me to better help.Great Crafting to you! Mista

sparklejunkfewz AT gmail.com

This idea went over huge! Ordered clear plastic display boxes from ebay. They come flat and you just fold to assemble into a box. I cut the top flaps off to make an open box. I did these for our mens basketball banquet (8x8x10) and for my son's (5x5x7) high school hockey banquet. I printed out 8x10 pictures of the team (one head and shoulder shot, one action, and the other two sides team logo and number), layed them face down next to each other, taped the sides, flipped them over, and I had a cube of pictures to put in the box.

It also served as a table number system. We stuffed the box with tissue paper and placed them in the middle of the table. For the Hockey banquet, The hockey moms filled with candy and then put tissue sticking out on top. The players had a photo keepsake to take home. Everybody went nuts over this!

May 7, 2009 Flag

I am looking for simple but creative decoration ideas for a girl's high school tennis banquet?

By gfast from Denver, CO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't advise you put this on a table where people will be eating, but somewhere in the room you can use an old beat up pair of tennis shoes as vases. Either place a small cup of water inside and use real flowers with short stems or use artificial.

I'd look online, maybe google images of vintage tennis photos or get tennis memorabilia on ebay; magazines, photos, etc. or xerox pics from library books on the history of tennis. It would be fun for the girls to see how women used to wear long dresses to play tennis. You could also find "fun fact" info about women's tennis history and type it up and print the fun facts to place on the tables at each place setting. You could get old tennis balls and cut them in half and use them to hold candy or a small flower floating in it (make sure to keep the tennis ball stable by sitting it on a cut up cardboard tube.) You could get copies of the logos of all the Major tournaments: US Open, Wimbledon, etc. and use those for centerpieces. I'd use empty tennis ball cans for vases. Hope this gives you some help.

-Lee in FL

October 23, 2008 Flag

We are having an end of season soccer banquet. I am looking for ideas for centerpieces. Our colors are blue and white. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle from PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Need Ideas for Centerpieces for Water Polo Banquet I will take any suggestions.

Thanks

We just had our Girls H2O Polo banquet. We used small fish tanks (Big Lots' $1.00 each), black small rocks and gold fish (orange and black are our school colors). My husband painted sports easter eggs (the "eggs" were basketball) to make them look like h20 polo balls, put small rocks inside to keep them at the bottom of the tanks, and hot glued a piece of wire with a laminated picture of each player holding a ball ready to shoot. It was a success and each girl took their fish tank home. I also baked cookies and cupcakes decorated as h20 polo balls. The cup cakes also had a picture of each player. Hope that helps.

Polo Mom

October 15, 2006 Flag

I need ideas for table centerpieces for a high school hockey kick off dinner.

Thanks,
Connie from Eagan, MN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi Connie,

Did you have any luck finding centerpieces or any hockey decorations? I'm looking too for a party I'm having in Feb. 07. Please post if you find anything.

Doesn't seem to be much out there!

Thanks!

One idea for hockey centerpieces is to make hockey motif weights to anchor balloons (team's color) in the center of each table. Purchase fishnet that mimics the net of the hockey goal (craft store or on line). Cut this material into about about 20" squares. Place hockey pucks in the "fabric" and "tie" them up with hockey tape or festive colored ribbon. Then attach balloons to the weight. It would add to the look to have a "mini" stick coming out the top of each one as well! We did this for a Lacrosse banquet (with lacrosse balls!) and it was a real hit. In fact, we gave the balls away to the boys and kept the net for the next year's banquet. To add color to the tables we placed them on squares of colored fabric. A Hockey sock might be cute coiled up with the "pucks in the net" set upon it. Good Luck!

Load More
In These Guides
Banquet Table Decorations
Banquet Table Decoration Ideas
A banquet room without too much decoration.
Decorating for a School Banquet
Holidays and Parties Parties School BanquetsJanuary 23, 2013
Baseball Themed Centerpiece
Baseball Themed Centerpiece Ideas
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Basketball Awards Banquet
Basketball Awards Banquet Decoration Ideas
Marching Band Centerpiece
Marching Band Centerpiece Ideas
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 6:25:10 PM on 10.0.0.76 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.