Browsing: Athletic Banquet Centerpiece Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Athletic Banquet Centerpiece Ideas

One of the considerations when planning an athletic banquet is the table centerpieces. This is a guide about athletic banquet centerpiece ideas.

Athletic Banquet
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 5, 2016 Flag

We are in need of centerpiece ideas and general decorating ideas for our upcoming field hockey banquet. We prefer not to use balloons, but any and all ideas are welcome! We had a phenomenal season so we want to make this a banquet to remember! Thank you so much for helping us with your ideas.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Can you go to a party store and find some small hockey sticks, helmets, and pucks? You can use these to make a cute center pieces for each table. Or if you have a few helmets that players will donate for the day use them for flower decorations. You can add the foam inside the helmets but first line them with a thick plastic. Then fill them with flowers and set them on the tables.

April 16, 2012 Flag

I need centerpiece ideas for an athletic banquet. The sports we're celebrating are basketball, baseball/softball, track, and cheerleading.

By Lisa L.

Make up 3D footballs, basketballs and track items and put them on a skewer and arrange them on the table in a vase or piece of styrofoam in a basket with flowers of your schools colors. for the cheer leaders make up pom poms with yarn and put a skewer through them and add them to the bouquet.

Your teams will love something like this. You can also make say Mike is in Baseball, a baseball with his name on it. Joe is in Football, a football with his name on it and continue through the teams. They'll love the personalization.

I would look for small toy-sized balls made for kids. Put them on skewers and arrange in floral foam in the centre, surround with small versions of pompoms and paper megaphones. I have also see birthday candles in the shape of sports balls which might work if you floated them in water when they were lit.

Read More Answers...

January 28, 2005 Flag

We are having our high school football banquet in March 2005 and I would like to get some inexpensive ideas for centerpieces. Please help! Our colors are red, black and white. Thanks!

Vanessa

Here's what I did. You could use any type ball!

Where did you find the volleyballs?

Read More Answers...

May 4, 2014 Flag

I'm responsible for doing the table centerpieces for a high school crew (rowing) team banquet. (The colors are red/white/blue.) Any ideas? I'm stumped at the moment.

By RM

Could you get paddles (oars), one per table, and use as centerpieces, with vases of red, white and blue flowers (either mixed or one vase of each color at the ends and center of the paddle? If you can't get real ones, perhaps you could make replicas from poster board. If you make replicas, make two per table, cross them and put a vase of the 3 colors of flowers on the center where they cross. Hope this helps.

May 10, 2009 Flag

Any ideas for inexpensive favors for a boys' track banquet? We expect around 30 boys to attend. Also, any ideas for "thank you" gifts for the banquet committee?

By Ellen B. from Germantown, TN

We used old track shoes, from the team (Or you can search the thrift stores.) Filled them with some floral foam and silk flowers. We also used shoes laces as streamers. Antother good idea is to use some of the pix accumulated during the season and make little stand up albums for the table.

Shoestrings for banquet favors

Read More Answers...

October 29, 2005 Flag

I am in charge of planning a JV soccer banquet for both boys and girls. Our colors are black and yellow gold and our mascot is a tiger. We don't have a theme, just basically any soccer decoration ideas are needed. Thank you so much for any help.

Melodee from Alamogordo, NM

Hi Melodee, If you can find them cheaply enough, you could cover tables with yellow (or black) table-covers and accessorize with black (or yellow), e.g. place-names or place-mats, as long as the colours contrast you can use whichever combination. For centerpieces you could paint terracotta pots with black stripes for a tiger effect and maybe fill with yellow and black balloons on spikes and buy some cheap polystyrene balls and use felt pens to decorate like small soccer balls and place around the pot. Or you could make temporary place-mats using black or yellow card and painting soccer shirt numbers on them! I hope this helps a little :)

I am in need of some ideas on how to make some inexpensive soccer center pieces for my sons 13th Bday party. He is having a dance at a local hotel & most of the guests play club soccer. Helppp!!!

Read More Answers...

March 12, 2008 Flag

I am planning a youth wrestling banquet and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what type of centerpieces to use. The kids are 5-15 years old. Last year they had flower pots with lollipops in them. Any ideas?

Jen from Downingtown, PA

Just wondering if you found any ideas. I am also planning a season end wrestling banquet and am looking for ideas for centerpieces.

We used head gears with 4 latex balloons tied to them. We kept it in school colors. They were cheap & looked great!

Read More Answers...

June 12, 2009 Flag

I am looking for Lacrosse themed table centerpiece ideas for a HS banquet. Any ideas?

By lacrossemom from NY

Hello! I have two ideas for this: Cake store may have some Lacrosse decor plastic pieces, I would use these and/or PRINT out some pictures/magazine, cut them to liking. Glue to cardboard/stock paper and take it from there, maybe a piece of green outdoor carpet or even real grass, to make a field or something like it, even here you could use a picture and lay it to hold the other pieces. You could actually make a decorated tree, this way or an actual flower bouquet & stick the pictures/decor in with flowers.Feel free to contact me w/any questions or tell me your ideas, this always inspires new tricks & ideas for me to better help.Great Crafting to you! Mista

parklejunkfewz AT gmail.com

This idea went over huge! Ordered clear plastic display boxes from ebay. They come flat and you just fold to assemble into a box. I cut the top flaps off to make an open box. I did these for our mens basketball banquet (8x8x10) and for my son's (5x5x7) high school hockey banquet. I printed out 8x10 pictures of the team (one head and shoulder shot, one action, and the other two sides team logo and number), layed them face down next to each other, taped the sides, flipped them over, and I had a cube of pictures to put in the box.

It also served as a table number system. We stuffed the box with tissue paper and placed them in the middle of the table. For the Hockey banquet, The hockey moms filled with candy and then put tissue sticking out on top. The players had a photo keepsake to take home. Everybody went nuts over this!

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties School BanquetsJanuary 23, 2013
Baseball Themed Centerpiece
Baseball Themed Centerpiece Ideas
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Banquet Table Decorations
Banquet Table Decoration Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 12:26:27 AM on 10.0.0.77 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.