Decorating for a School Banquet

Category Decorations
Schools hold banquets for a variety of occasions. Each of these call for specific decorations to enhance the event. This is a guide about decorating for a school banquet.

This guide contains basketball awards banquet decoration ideas. It's fun to find an inexpensive, meaningful decorations for your player's event.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about athletic banquet centerpiece ideas. One of the considerations when planning an athletic banquet is the table centerpieces.

I am decorating for my sons school banquet and the hall will not allow us to attach anything to the wall or ceiling. We want to hang a backdrop behind a display that stands 9 feet tall. Any ideas?

Jerri from Detroit, MI

Answers

Best Answer

I use a background stand as a photographer. It is 2 metal light stands on each side and a long bar between them. If you have a photographer friend, they may let you borrow one. The background bar looks like it would be simply to make out of pvc pipes and you can use a portable clothes rack on each side for the stands or something like that. I attach the background with clamps I bought from Home Depot. My stand goes up to 10 feet and is about 10 feet long.

By Kathy (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Make a frame out of PVC pipe from the hardware store. It is lightweight, but sturdy enough to hold a curtain. Good luck!

By Jerri (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Thanks so much for the ideas. They have been a great help

I am trying to come up with inexpensive centerpiece ideas for a collegiate gymnastics banquet. Time is a consideration as the banquet is in two days. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Jenilee

Answers

By Michelle (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try a basket (size determined by need), most of us have several laying around. Add a foam cube and stick in fake flowers. Or use a handled basket and put a small live plant in each side. Ribbons, fabric, or tissue paper could be used to fill in with color.

By Wena (Guest Post)
Best Answer

There are sports "eggs" sold at the store. You can put the eggs in a basket. The "eggs" are football, basketball, and volleyball plastic "eggs". I thought it was cute.
I'm in the process of planning a highschool athletic banquet, and it is just an idea. I'm not in charge of decorations tho. I am in charge of the food... which I am planning to have taco salad.

I am looking for ideas on how to decorate for a High School grad banquet. I thought maybe a garden Party but would love some decorating ideas if anyone has them.

Thanks,

Bruneyes from Nova Scotia

Answers

By carla bledsoe (Guest Post)
Best Answer

ask parents for pictures (photcopies would work and you would have to return them) of their kids from kindergarten through graduation. scatter them throughout your "garden" if this is a high school graduation most of the kids will have been together for several years. make placemats out of newpaper events that have happened in their school years. hang a paper banner for all the kids to write their favorite year-teacher-class-whatever. you will be surprised how memories effect high school age kids. they can be quite emotional.

Best Answer

Thanks a bunch-they all sound GREAT to me..wow never thought of those ideas- we are doing a DVd that night of all the kids with pictures throught out the years-with music etc

think I will do a tent inside too with mini lights-grossmar etc from ceiling and flowers everywhere

I am decorating for a Junior Senior banquet and need some decorating ideas. Thank you!

By KimB

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

We are doing a theme just like our prom. "Around the World" and saying, "As we send our Seniors out into the World..." and using the same decorations and Dr. Seuses' Oh the places you will go!