Attending Air Shows

These amazing displays of US military jets are exciting to watch. This guide is about attending air shows.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

September 6, 2012 Flag

They have an air show every year and it is awesome to watch it! Usually we just see a few fly over by our house. This time we went and watched in person. It was amazing!

By Debbie N from Tacoma, WA

Air Show (McChord Air Force Base, WA)

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

July 24, 2013 Flag

This photo was taken at McChord Airforce Base. It was such an amazing air show! First time going to watch and I just loved it.

Photo Location
McChord Airforce Base, WA

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

i live in Florida and we have regular Blue Angels demonstrations.

I am afraid that I am one of those who do not approve of the use of our service men/women's lives being used in this manner. Several death's have occurred and it just does not seem their lives should be at stake just for the sake of our entertainment.

I agree that demonstrations are magnificent - but at what cost?

There seems to be a group in training at any given time and it appears their sole responsibility boils down to entertainment.

These are expert pilots/flyers and their lives should be worth more than "showing off" for a crowd. I do not place any blame on the service people - just on the people who promote it. Is even one life worth this?

Also, the cost is unbelievable! Why not use these funds for other more appropriate military use?

Please understand - these are strictly my personal opinions and since I am not an expert on these matters - I stand corrected and apologize if I have stated anything incorrectly.

(friend of a friend that had a death in the family during one of these "shows")

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes
Entertainment AdviceOctober 1, 2013
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Repairing an Air Mattress
Repairing an Air Mattress
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 10:44:32 PM on 10.0.1.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.