Bag Styrofoam Packing Peanuts Upon Arrival

The next time you purchase something that is shipped with the Styrofoam packing "peanuts" in it, immediately put them into a bag and tie it off or seal it.

Non-recyclable loose "peanuts" placed into a trash can may scatter when the container is emptied, leaving you or a neighbor with a real mess to clean up. (Yes, I am the neighbor!)

By Trisha from Ventura, CA

Answers:

Thanks for posting this. I also find a lot of them on the roadside when I'm picking up litter. (03/01/2010)

By Hate Litter

I use the "peanuts" in the bottom of my planters instead of rocks. They are lighter, so much easier to move, and they don't break down. And I am recycling. (03/02/2010)

By laidbackracing

And you know - as long as we're bagging them, we could also keep a bag or so of them around for when we're packaging something to mail. I'm always hunting for bubble wrap and the like. (03/02/2010)

By texasauthor1

After I fill a trashbag or two, I offer them on my local freecyle site for people who sell on e-bay or have their own business. It helps them and keeps them out of the landfills.

http://www.freecycle.org/ (03/03/2010)

By Maryeileen

Styrofoam Packing Peanuts
Recycling Styrofoam
Pink and White Packing Peanuts
Uses for Packing Peanuts
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Packing a Suitcase, Suitcase Ready for Travel
Packing a Suitcase
🎉
🎄