Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

One should use baking soda on their face for a glow. After that, there is no need to do a facial, this will automatically give you a facial look.

By Suman from New Delhi

Editor's Note: I have never heard this one, has anyone else?

Answers:

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

I recently heard a beauty tip of using baking soda for "glowing skin." Just mix a bit of baking soda in the palm of your hand with your regular facial cleanser and wash and rinse as usual. It gently sloughs off dead skin and leaves your face feeling very smooth. (03/29/2007)

By Valerie

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

This would work as a facial scrub - it is abrasive. I would advise that if one has very delicate skin (some people do), then go easy. I don't know if the sodium has any effect. It would certainly get any grime off your face, and grime contributes to bacteria which contributes to blemishes. Scrubs should be used only 2-3 x per week. - Mary (03/29/2007)

By mary

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

I have been using baking soda as a facial and body scrub since this December. Someone on television said that Queen Latifah used it and she has beautiful skin as she models for Cover Girl cosmetics! I pour a small amount in the palm of my hand and mix it with water while I am in the shower. Rub gently on your face and neck and a little firmer on your arms, hands and chest. Rinse well. You can use it all over and is great before you apply self tanner. (05/14/2007)

By roxann

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

Baking soda acts like a exfoliate, daily light exfoliating then moisturizing leaves skin fresh and free of dead skin cells. Make up stays on longer, moisturizers work better. (10/09/2007)

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

I have done this! It gives you a glow because it works as an defoliator for skin! After mixing baking soda with water gently massage it through your face and wash it off after 5 min, then use apple cider vinegar with water and put it on for 10 min and wash it off. You'll see a good result in six days. It'll fade away your dark spots and dead skin. (11/19/2007)

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

I have been using baking soda as a scrub for awhile now and it works very well! there are several methods in which you can use it for your face.

An defoliator/mask: 3 parts baking soda 1 part water. You want it to become quite thick like a paste. Apply it to your face leave on until it hardens and wipe it off. Do not scrub off as it will aggravate your face!

Or mix it with your daily cleanser in your palm and make a milder scrub...as the first option is very abrasive, and can sting sensitive skin!

After either method make sure to add moistener or aloe vera or your skin can become very dry. (11/28/2007)

By Sally R.

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

I use baking soda as an exfoliating cleanser for my face. I mix baking soda and salt as a scrub. It works well for me, my complexion is not even and it seems to help balance it out. I also have eczema and it seems to help me keep it under control. I even use it on those that break out on my neck and it keeps in under control. It works for me. (09/18/2008)

By Jay

box of baking soda on kitchen countertop
Tips for Glowing Skin
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
Up close photo of the front of a baking soda box
Saving Money on Baking Soda
Inflating Balloon During Balloon Experiment
Blowing up a Balloon with Baking Soda and Vinegar
Pouring Sparkling Water
Making Sparkling Water
🎄
🍂