CatsPets

Bathing Kittens in Dawn Dish Soap

At what age can I bath kittens in blue Dawn dish soap? Do they need to be at least a week old or a month old?

I would imagine that at the age that you can adopt them out would be the earliest you would want to. Also of course you should make sure to protect the head, eyes, and mouth area.

I feel that if I had kittens to bathe, I would want to use a more natural product, so as not to cause any irritation or allergies.

You should definitely use something natural on kittens. Dawn is usually when they have fleas.

According to the cat site, you can use Dawn. Just be careful to keep the kitten warm. The younger the kitten is, the more susceptible they are to chilling.

You do not say if the reason you wish to give the kitten a bath is due to fleas or just for general information. Generally kittens are cared for by their mother and do not need a bath until they are at least a month old.

There seems to be different opinions about when it is safe to bathe a kitten but if your reason is due to fleas then you should read some of the information from these web sites: (I do know that flea medicine brand Capstar can be given at the age of 4 weeks but you have to go by actual weight.)

http://www.petf  ine-for-kittens/

http://pets.the  itten-12087.html