Bathroom Paint Color Advice

I am trying to update a small bathroom. I have an acrylic, marble toned vanity. It looks sort of like a tan, grayish swirl, with a few faint reddish streaks. I love the light greens and blues for paints, but have tried 3 and they either look like way too much color, or dark and boring.

There is little light coming through the window. The faucets are brushed nickel. I thought about a neutral, but it seems too boring. I need some advice before I end up way overspending on paint choices I don't like.

Thanks.

By Linda from Bryan, TX

Answers:

Bathroom Paint Color Advice

For a small bathroom with not much light coming in, a lighter color would be better. A lighter neutral color would reflect more light. Try a pale gray or tan to pick up the color in the vanity. White would brighten the room up the most. Add color with towels, bath mats, etc. (07/02/2009)

By OliveOyl

Bathroom Paint Color Advice

Wow, I just got done painting the second bathroom in my house today. I painted my daughter's bathroom a deep pinkish apricot. I painted my bathroom a bright crisp turquoise. I am in favor of a major color splash in the bathroom and decided I will choose whatever colors make me feel good. We also hang pictures and photos. In my daughter's bathroom, there's giant wooden fish in the same bright pinks, blues and oranges as her bathroom. People smile when they see how flamboyant our bathrooms are. I would choose a vibrant color that makes you feel alive. (07/03/2009)

By SusannL

Bathroom Paint Color Advice

If there is very little light, then that is why the colors look "too dark". You can get the paint strip with the colors you like, and go up 2-3 shades lighter, paint a small bit on the walls, and see if they work better. I had to try this in a bathroom with no window, and ended up using something that looked mostly white, but had a greenish tint to it. Good luck to you. (07/03/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Bathroom Paint Color Advice

Or you could sponge or rag paint to give an otherwise neutral color some pizzazz. (07/08/2009)

By Lynn

Bathroom Paint Color Advice

Have you thought of a light gray color. You could do the rugs in a cream color and the shower curtain in colors of red, black, and gray. (07/12/2009)

By lindybell