Paint Color Advice for Bathroom with Blue Fixtures

Colored bathroom fixtures can limit or inspire your choice of wall paint color options. This is a guide about paint color advice for a bathroom with blue fixtures.

Our bathroom sink, tub, toilet, and floor are all a light-medium blue. I am wanting to paint the walls, but need ideas? I am showing the toilet for color.

Answers

Best Answer

Gray is very in now. Take several gray paint chips home and see what you like best.

Best Answer

Navy and gray on adjacent walls for depth

What wall color will pull together a navy blue commode and sky blue bath tub?

By Linda A.

Answers

Best Answer

I think I just posted a reply on another paint question of yours:)

In a bathroom with those colours on the fixtures, you might think about a farmhouse style-white beaded board wainscoting, with a white or cream mildew resistant paint above. You can use hand towels and wall art in the navy and sky blues to pull the fixture colours into the decorating scheme as well.

Is the sink basin a blue as well? If it is, and it's a different shade of blue from the other fixtures, you can tie it in using the colour in accents like hand towels, too.

Or you could go with a Caribbean or other beach decorating plan-look online for images of the Caribbean, note the colours that show up the most often (sky, ocean, sand) and use the lightest shade for the walls, then use the stronger colours for accents (hand towels, wall art, soap dispensers, etc).

It sounds as though you are about to redo a whole house, please post pics of your project when you're finished!

Best Answer

I did a venetian plaster wall finish on my bathroom walls. It was time consuming, but turned out really nice. I used different shades of blues, covered by a thin coat of white. It incorporated several things together.