Beer Battered Onion Rings
Many people enjoy the flavor of beer batter on their fried foods. This page contains a recipe for making beer battered onion rings.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a recipe for onion rings but with a twist, it includes beer! Adding beer to the batter makes the onion rings taste oh-so-much better! It makes them light and crispy crunchy!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2-3 onions
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 12 oz beer (1 bottle)
- cold water or buttermilk
- oil (for frying)
- Cut onions half an inch thick, remove dark exterior cover of onions and separate them into rings. Soak them in cold water (or buttermilk) for 1 hour. This helps in breaking down the onions and removing their bitterness.
- In a pan/Dutch oven, heat up oil for frying the rings.
- While the oil is heating up, in a bowl, combine one cup of flour, salt, pepper and crushed garlic. Mix them thoroughly.
In another bowl combine beer and one cup of flour and mix thoroughly.
- Remove onion rings from buttermilk, shake off excess. Dip the rings in flour, coat properly and shake off excess, then dip in beer batter.
- Drop the onion rings in oil and be sure not to crowd rings as they will stick together. When golden, remove and drain on paper napkins/towels
- The onion rings can be served with plain mayonnaise, like I did, or you can use this recipe to make a spicy dip.
Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, sun-dried tomatoes, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, white wine and minced garlic and little chipotle sauce in a mixer or food processor. you can even add chopped coriander or mint. Cover and refrigerate it
Read More Comments
February 20, 20150 found this helpful
Mix what well in step 2 and where does the salt and pepper and garlic come in. Thank you
August 27, 20150 found this helpful
These beer battered onion rings are light, crispy and crunchy. Check out this step by step recipe video and make these tasty treats tonight.
In This Guide