Corn Chip Onion Ring Recipe
A delicious variation on classic onion rings. This guide contains a recipe for corn chip onion rings
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here's another way of cooking onion rings. Instead of bread crumbs which I find to be annoying as it gets easily burned, I tried using crushed cheese corn chips. I made an easy batter and then dipped them into the crushed corn chips.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cheese corn chips
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Cut onion into rings.
- Make a simple batter by mixing together the egg and flour.
- Add water and a pinch of salt and mix thoroughly.
- Crush corn chips in a bag with your hand.
- Put crushed corn chips in small bowl.
- Dip onion into the batter.
- Then dip into the corn chip crumbs.
- Fry until golden brown (best when deep fried).
- Remove from pan and serve.
December 6, 20161 found this helpful
Wow, this sounds simply yummy. I would love to try it, but after loosing 50 lbs last year to avoid becoming a diabetic, I just can't.
December 6, 20160 found this helpful
Yup pretty unique way to cook onion rings..but yeah you can't eat that if your trying to lose weight and eat healthy..
In This Guide