Best Water Temperature for Washing Clothes

In an effort to save money, I have decided to wash my pants suits in the washing machine instead of sending them to the dry cleaners every month. These are nice suits that I wear to work, but they are also washable suits. Should I wash them on cold water only so they won't shrink or wash them on the wrong side so they won't lose their color?

By Onesummer

Wash them in cold water, using a gentle cycle on washer and turn inside out. Pant suits don't get that soiled and you can also use a short cycle. Remove them from the washer when cycle ends and you can hang them to air dry.

MCW has it right, cold water, gentle cycle, Woolite and turn them inside out. Hanging them to air dry reduces the need to iron. This is how I got through years of teaching in a building without AC. Finger press in the creases, and gently stretch the seams. Smooth the damp material with your fingers and you may not even need to iron them.

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingJuly 31, 2011
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Washing Clothes
Washing Clothes in Well Water
Best Detergent for Washing Baby Clothes
Best Detergent for Washing Baby Clothes
A load of red dyed clothing in a front loader washing machine.
Dyeing Clothing in the Washing Machine
🎉
🎄