Best Detergent for Washing Baby Clothes

Category Clothing
Best Detergent for Washing Baby Clothes
This is a guide about choosing the best detergent for washing baby clothes. Choosing the best detergent for washing baby clothes is important. Not only does it need to remove tough stains, it needs to be gently on a baby's skin.

What is the best laundry detergent for a newborn? I went to buy Dreft, but didn't know it was so expensive. Any suggestions?

By Onesummer

Best Answer

I'd use the ones that have no color or scent added. Costco or Sam's have their own brand in large jugs. All makes a variety of this called "free & clear".

Best Answer

Any dye and perfume free detergent is safe for baby clothes. I make my own detergent now, and it works well. I don't have a baby so I don't know how well it would work for you. My yongest is 2. 10 cups washing soda, 8 bars Zote soap, 10 cups borax. Grate the soap bars up and mix with the other two ingredients. Can be processed in food processor to make a fine powder. I don't have one so I put a cup or two at a time in my blender and blend unil smooth. Takes a little effort, but makes a huge batch, and very easy to store. Put in a bucket, canister, or tin. Or even measure out 1/4 cup into individual sandwich bags and add one to washer before clothes. It is supposed to be good for sensitive skin, and people with eczema or psoriasis. I'd give it a try. If you send me a message with your address I could send you a couple uses worth that I have made up already. It's about $15 to make a very large batch. I do at least ten loads of laundry a week, and if I use 1/4 cup every load it would last at least two months.

What is the best detergent brand to wash baby clothes in?

Years ago I used Dreft which was super gentle for baby clothes. Not sure if it's even for sale now, but you could Google choices for baby detergent now.