Bird Nest Photos

Category Wildlife
Robin Bird Nest
Birds of all kinds create unique nurseries for brooding and raising their young. This page contains bird nest photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This nest was built in our mulberry tree by our front walkway. We took pictures from beginning to end. What an experience for my 9 year old!

By Tucci

Baby robin in nest with other eggs.

Comment Like this photo? 18

Photo Description
After an unusually cold winter here in South Africa, it is a total blessing to start seeing signs that the seasons are changing. Our apricot tree is sporting its first few small blossoms, and the days are slowly getting warmer.

The biggest surprise came this morning when I noticed the bunch of finch nests hanging from a tree in our neighbor's garden. If we take the time to stand still for a few minutes, nature truly becomes our Grace from Above!

Photo Location
Pretoria, South Africa

Comment Like this photo? 3

Here is a photo of a grapevine basket that I had placed in our garage. I was going to use it for something else. What a surprise to find that a mother bird decided to use it to build her nest!

This really surprised my hubby and me since there is so much activity in our garage. I hope that you can see that there are at least two eggs in the nest and the mother bird has over compensated the size of the nest and has a very small opening for her to go in and out.

We are trying to steer clear of the basket in hopes that the bird will continue to sit on the nest and have babies soon. I will definitely put the basket up in a tree once the babies are finished using it so that it can be used again.

Source: Me: Amazed once again at the wonders of wildlife!

By Southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

bird nest basket

Comment Like this photo? 7

Last year a bird built a nest on top of the electrical box, which is just under the gutters. This year another bird claimed it as her home and today I found the new babies just hatched, how cute.

By Peggy B from Cortland, OH

New baby birds in nest.

Comment Like this photo? 7

(This is an update of the previous post which was missing photos and information.)

I noticed that each time I entered my garden shed, a House Wren (not House Finch) flew out. I was puzzled for a while. Then, I discovered just what was going on. Mother Wren had built a nest in an old quart jar. After taking some pictures, I carefully repositioned the jar as I found it.

Over time, I took more pictures. Now, I have enough to show you the progress made by Mother House Wren's babies. I hope to post one more picture of these handsome birds, one of them as they are ready to leave the nest. I must be diligent. A neighbors cat has been lurking around in the shed. She senses there is a tasty meal in there, somewhere. So, wish me, and the babies, luck, Y'all!

Photo Location
My home in NC

Comment Like this photo? 8

We put up a little birdhouse and a local robin deemed it to be the ideal spot for building her nest.

nest on top of a birdhouse

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

I saw a squirrel and robin fighting. I found it very odd and looked around the area where I saw it happening. Inside the bush was a mother robin sitting on a nest.

Four robin's eggs in nest.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

I was dog sitting the house across the street. When I took their dog out the first morning, at their huge gas grill I heard a thumping noise. A bird flew out and sat nearby as I opened the grill. This is such a beautiful sign of spring.

Five eggs in nest.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

This year, a pair of house finches have "set up housekeeping" in one of our front yard garden hanging baskets with geraniums. There are 5 eggs and they will hatch in about 2 weeks.

House Finch Nest (Santa Barbara, CA)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This isn't really a tip, but I really wanted to share this picture. Apparently these birds took extra care when decorating their nest for their new baby. See the flowers that are woven into the nest!

Bird's nest decorated with flowers.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

This motorcycle helmet was found in our garage with a bird nest and baby eggs in it. We hung it in a tree!

Nest in helmet.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

This is the picture of a bird trying to find twigs and build a nest in the water. She manages to find the twig and is struggling to get it... and all this is happening with about hundreds of people looking around the bird and she does not care as she is sure of not being hurt by anyone.

Bird swimming away from nest.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes