Birds Eating Our Dog's Food

The birds are eating my dog's food. Her food bowls are even in her doghouse and the birds will go in there and eat right out of her bowls whether she is in there or not. I even put a bird feeder in the tree beside her doghouse, but they seem to like the dog food better. Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Currywife from WV

Answers:

Birds Eating Our Dog's Food

Try stringing together some old cd's. If you have any fishing line and a swivel just tie it all together after punching a little hole in each side. Kind of like stringing popcorn, but with the fishing swivel it will twirl in the wind and the reflection will scare the birds from that area. Worked great, I used it on my boat to keep the poo off. (04/12/2006)

By Mymie

Birds Eating Our Dog's Food

We've had the same problem. I ended up bringing in the dog dish. Then, a few times a day, I would set out the food for her to eat and then bring it back inside as soon as she was done. I would do this for a week or two and then once the birds "forgot" about the dog dish, I would set it out for the whole day once again. They can go thru a lot of dog food very quickly, can't they? (04/13/2006)

By valleyrimgirl

Birds Eating Our Dog's Food

You may want to get a cheapy dog food and put it in a place where only they can get to it.

I have found that if I put the birdseed on the ground they will stop eating my dog's food.

Zig (04/13/2006)

By Ziggee

Birds Eating Our Dog's Food

Other than feeding the dog inside here are a couple of suggestions that might slow the birds down from eating dog food. First suggestion would be to place a small dog bowl inside of a slightly larger and taller paint pail or bucket. Most birds won't go into a confined bucket. Another suggestion is to buy slightly larger sized dry dog food that the birds can't pick up and carry off. Hope this helps. (08/13/2008)

By Bill

Birds Eating Our Dog's Food

I have done it. Someone told me to buy a small plastic snake. It had to be a certain type. Well I couldn't find one, but I put a ferocious looking plastic lizard near the dog food and now? no more problem. After couple of months I changed it's position just in case these birds are too smart. (11/20/2008)

By Nelle H.

dog food outside
Keeping Birds Out of Dog's Food
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Couple being served a Salad
Eating Healthy While Eating Out
A bulldog eating too fast.
Preventing a Dog From Eating Too Fast
Woman Avoiding Fast Food
Avoiding Fast Food
🎉
🎄