Avoiding Fast Food

Frugal living has been a way of life since I was a small child. Coming from a large family of 8 in a rural small town, I was raised in a simple environment. We grew vegetables and ate wild game and fish. I married, had a child and cooked inexpensive meals and cut corners with coupons, thrift store finds and cheap entertainment such as board games or cards.

Move forward to 30 years later and I am divorced. I found myself caught up in the world of fast food, dining out and spending way too much money. it is harder being single and frugal rather than being in a family environment. I recently went on a financial budget. I do not eat out at all for thirty days at a time then I only eat out with a coupon. I shop at discount grocery stores and cook and prepare my meals at home. I like to travel so I use a small cooler to carry my food and drinks in. I have saved a average of 45.00 a week.

I miss the fast life, until I look at my savings account.

Tamde from Pomona Park, FL

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

2 More Solutions

I carry a thermos (picnic kind) of kool-aid or Iced Tea with me when running errands or picking up kids and I pack cheap snacks from the dollar store. I have saved a lot of money not going to drive-throughs anymore.

Fast food is rarely very healthy, good food usually takes time to prepare and is absolutely worth it. This is a page about fast food versus good food.

Groceries ready to be cooked for dinner.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingApril 23, 2013
😷
🌻
🎂
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Avoiding-Fast-Food.html