Avoiding Fast Food

It is everywhere, we are surrounded by fast food restaurants. Choosing to avoid fast food and improve our eating habits can be challenging. This is a guide about avoiding fast food.

Frugal living has been a way of life since I was a small child. Coming from a large family of 8 in a rural small town, I was raised in a simple environment. We grew vegetables and ate wild game and fish. I married, had a child and cooked inexpensive meals and cut corners with coupons, thrift store finds and cheap entertainment such as board games or cards.

Move forward to 30 years later and I am divorced. I found myself caught up in the world of fast food, dining out and spending way too much money. it is harder being single and frugal rather than being in a family environment. I recently went on a financial budget. I do not eat out at all for thirty days at a time then I only eat out with a coupon. I shop at discount grocery stores and cook and prepare my meals at home. I like to travel so I use a small cooler to carry my food and drinks in. I have saved a average of 45.00 a week.

I miss the fast life, until I look at my savings account.

Tamde from Pomona Park, FL

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

I carry a thermos (picnic kind) of kool-aid or Iced Tea with me when running errands or picking up kids and I pack cheap snacks from the dollar store. I have saved a lot of money not going to drive-throughs anymore.

By Monika

Fast food is rarely very healthy, good food usually takes time to prepare and is absolutely worth it. This is a guide about fast food versus good food.

Groceries ready to be cooked for dinner.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes