Saving Money on Fast Food

Category Dining Out
The cost of fast food can add up, but there are a few simple ways to save money when eating at fast food restaurants. This is a guide about saving money on fast food.

Its been getting warm lately as a splurge treat, my fiancé and I enjoyed a nice cool and refreshing smoothie.

My thrifty tip is to:

1. Check your email if youre subscribed to newsletters of the place youre going to see if there are any coupons or search online quickly to see if any coupons are available (which there was for $2 off, so we paid $4.29 for a large size cup.

2. By paying the large size cup, I asked if they could split the cup. Technically,you could split into 2 medium cups and probably be 2/3 full, or a perfect fit would be 1 medium cup and 1 child's cup (which is the option we went with). That way, youre paying one cup fee and both can enjoy the smoothies at the same time - instead of switching back and forth.

3. I wash and reuse the cup a few times before recycling.
Ultimately a large size cup split in 2 is enough for us! Or else we'd be looking at $8.58, if we were buying two cups or, close to $13 if paying retail price.

*Originally drinks were both full to the rim. I didnt think to take a picture until halfway. :)

Everybody loves to get FREE food, but how many people use their receipts from fast food places to get free food? And how many just throw those receipts away without even looking at them? This is just a simple reminder to look at the back before you throw them away, you never know what you might get.

Many fast food places have offers on the back of their receipts for free food if you take a quick, simple survey. Most of the time you have the option of doing the survey over the phone or the internet. They usually take less than 5 minutes and you get a promotion code number to write on your receipt that you then use to get your free food. Usually you have 1 month from the date of that purchase to use the promo code.

Tonight, with my hubby and boys gone for the weekend, I stopped at Arby's for a quick sandwich for dinner. On the back of the receipt is an offer for "buy a regular roast beef sandwich, get 1 free" OR "free sidekicker with sandwich purchase". Sometimes Arby's offers a free beef n' cheddar sandwich (no purchase necessary). I usually give these coupons to my hubby and he will buy a drink and pick up a free sandwich for his lunch at work.

As I sat and ate my sandwich at home, I did the quick internet survey and put the receipt in my wallet for future use.

Burger King often gives promo codes for either buy1/get 1 burgers, and sometimes a free burger, or a burger with drink purchase. Taco Bueno will offer free tacos or cheesecake chimichangas, I've got free iced coffee from McDonalds,occasionally something from Sonic. The list is endless and I can't remember everywhere I get free food offers!

I try not to buy much fast food for my family. But when I do and I get a promo code, I will do the quick survey, then file the coupon in my wallet to use later when I'm out and about running errands (this is going to be especially helpful during holiday shopping!), when my hubby wants something to take to work and the cupboard is bare, when my teens want a quick snack on the go, etc.

So, don't forget to look at those receipts before you throw them away!

By Judy = Oklahoma from Tulsa, OK

Double check all your receipts when you eat out. First check them to make sure they are correct. Second, check them for coupons and surveys and internet addresses to sign up for more coupons. In the past 2 months, I have had part of my meal free because of checking my receipts.

When ordering food for 2 at a fast food restaurant, order one of the combo meals which includes a drink and a "Side". French fries or whatever, and one main entree by itself.

(Burger, tacos, etc.) Then share the drink and fries with your guest. Good for the waistline also!

This is a guide about dollar menus at fast food restaurants. One way to save money and actually reduce calories when eating at a fast food restaurant, is to eat from the dollar menu.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes