Split Large Drinks in Two Cups

Its been getting warm lately as a splurge treat, my fiancé and I enjoyed a nice cool and refreshing smoothie.

My thrifty tip is to:

1. Check your email if youre subscribed to newsletters of the place youre going to see if there are any coupons or search online quickly to see if any coupons are available (which there was for $2 off, so we paid $4.29 for a large size cup.

2. By paying the large size cup, I asked if they could split the cup. Technically,you could split into 2 medium cups and probably be 2/3 full, or a perfect fit would be 1 medium cup and 1 child's cup (which is the option we went with). That way, youre paying one cup fee and both can enjoy the smoothies at the same time - instead of switching back and forth.

3. I wash and reuse the cup a few times before recycling.
Ultimately a large size cup split in 2 is enough for us! Or else we'd be looking at $8.58, if we were buying two cups or, close to $13 if paying retail price.

*Originally drinks were both full to the rim. I didnt think to take a picture until halfway. :)

I'm not in the habit of buying cold drinks often but when I do I always ask that no ice is added. The drink is cold anyway and doesn't need added cooling. With ice added, the amount of juice or soda is reduced by half so that means you're paying premium price for the actual amount of beverage.

I'm a drink sipper, not a guzzler, and diluted drinks don't appeal to me much.

I can totally relate. When it comes to drinks that have ice, I will request no ice too. :) You get more for your value.

For smoothies, I keep the ice or whichever needed for the ingredients though.

These are great tips!! I am also of the no ice camp!!! It is much easier on the teeth and reduces headaches from the too cold drink and it saves money all the way around!

My twist to this is that I like to take my own cups where I can (which would work perfect for the splitting as you can have them fill one and then split on your own).

Some places offer discounts if you fill your own cup/mug with the beverage. Make sure you know how much yours holds so you can get the max for the price (like is your cup a small 8 ounces) or an extra large 64 ounces).

Thanks for sharing!! I love this community of thrifters!!!

I too am with the team no ice! Hehe.

I have not asked about bringing my own cup, but that is a great tip - know our cup size so we don't get ripped off hehe. But they do sell their own tumblers that we'd get a discount if we brought back. :)

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesJune 14, 2018
🎆
😎
🌻
🐛
😷
👔