Blocking Bathtub Overflow Valve

My bathtub overflow valve is set too low in the tub, and I can't fill the tub up past my thighs. I love hot baths, so this is really cramping my style. I remember at one time, Bed Bath & Beyond sold a clear plastic cup-like device that clamped on over the overflow to block it, but I can't find this now. Does anyone know where I can buy one, or know of another solution for my over-zealous overflow?

Kelly from Dallas, TX

Answers:

Blocking Bathtub Overflow Valve

I had the same problem in my last house. I unscrewed the round overflow plate, just enough to loosen it, then turned it so the hole was on the top of the plate instead of the bottom. At least it gave me a few more inches. Good luck! (01/18/2008)

By ladyostuff

Blocking Bathtub Overflow Valve

I think Miles Kimball sells a plastic cover with suctions. I'm sure I've seen one somewhere recently; in fact, I had one for years and threw it away when I could no longer get in the tub. Also, try Home Trend catalog and Carol Wright Gifts catalog - these are some other catalogs that I receive. If all else fails, you might try Googling "Bathtub Drain Covers". Good luck and God bless you. (01/18/2008)

By tedsmom

Blocking Bathtub Overflow Valve

I too got mine from Miles Kimball catalog years ago. I would look at hardware stores or home supply stores like Lowe's and Home Depot. Or maybe an organizing/container type store or dollar store. It is always a case of seeing them everywhere until you need to buy one and then they are no where to be found.

Good luck!

(01/18/2008)

By K

Blocking Bathtub Overflow Valve
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Sugar Snap Peas
Freezing Snow Peas (Sugar, Chinese, or Sugar Snap Peas)
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 5:53:28 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 951 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.