Dishwasher Will Not Start?

I have a Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher. 2 years old rarely used. When I run a load it will always flash "Close Door" then begins to fill with water. It does neither but all the lights light. I'm about to order a water inlet valve. However it is rather pricey and I'm not sure if it's going to resolve the problem. Why does it flash, close door?

Answers

Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 320 Answers
Best Answer

Have you tried to re-set the machine controls? This can be done by (1) cutting off power at the circuit breaker or (2) holding the Cancel button for 5 seconds. With both methods, wait 5 minutes or so before attempting re-start.

Bronze Post Medal for 2021. 31 Posts
Best Answer

As I understand it, your Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher has an error code CD - Close door machinelounge.com/.../#:~:text=Troubleshooting%20Frigidaire....
The problem may be with the door latch. A door switch is used to start and stop your dishwasher. It's a safety feature that won't allow water to flow with the door open. With a faulty door switch, dishwasher won't start at all. Inspect the latch/door switch for damage and repair/replace if it won't latch right.

Answer this Question