Bread Machine Bread Hard and Dense

How can I make my bread softer and less dense in my bread maker?

I also like a softer bread, but like the convenience of my breadmaker. It saves time in the preparation of the dough , especially the kneading. So I set my bread maker on the dough cycle, and when it is finished, remove the dough, form into a loaf, place it into a bread pan, let it rise until double ( an inch or so above the top of the pan) then bake in your oven at 375º for about 40 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Remove from pan, spread a little butter over the top of the loaf, and wrap the loaf in a kitchen towel until cool.

Harlean from Arkansas

My bread machine has a selection of crust types. A dark crust will give you a harder loaf. If you don't have this option, the suggestion to just use tne machine to make the dough is correct.