DIY Bucket Chicken Waterer
Keep your chickens hydrated and happy with this easy to make project. With a sturdy recycled bucket and a few supplies you can make this DIY Chicken Waterer for your chicken coop.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
We purchased our bucket waterer from the woman who hatched our chicks. She makes them out of frosting buckets that she gets from a local bakery. She upgrades the handles with a more heavy duty one and installs the nipples. They work great for keeping their water clean. If you want to make one yourself, here's how:
- heavy duty bucket
- heavy duty handle (optional)
- poultry waterer nipples
- 3/8 in drill bit
- thread tape
- Replace the handle if the one it has isn't strong enough to hang the bucket from.
- Drill 3 or more holes in the bottom. I recommend spacing them out a bit.
- Wrap the threads of the nipples with thread tape. This will help create a seal when they are screwed into place.
- Screw the nipples into the holes. Make sure they are screwed in completely.
- Turn the bucket over, fill with water, and put the lid on.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Hang it up, making sure that it is at a good height for the chickens to access the nipples. We installed a hook in the ceiling of our coop, then hung a chain from it, that attaches to the bucket with an "s" hook.
You can save money by making your own chicken waterer. Check out this video and learn how easy it is to make one using a bucket.
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 23, 2017 at 3:08:04 AM on 10.0.2.245 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us