Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep

For the past two nights, something is biting me. I keep waking up with bites on my thighs. Right now on my left leg, there are 3 bites. And on my right leg, I have 6, three of those bites on that leg are in a nice diagonal line.

I have 2 cats that never go outside and are usually in my room but this just started happening for the first time. I also have hamsters in my room but they have been here for a few months too. Nobody else in the house is experiencing this. I have no idea what to do.

Annie from Columbus, OH

Answers:

Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep

I am thinking it is bedbugs, and nothing to do with the animals. Has anyone been to a hotel or slept over at someone else's house? Bedbugs are becoming a more common problem. Do not bother with home remedies. You must contact your local health office and find out how to get rid of these things. (11/13/2008)

By louel53

Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep

If it were fleas, you would have lots of tiny bites all over you, and it would be elsewhere in the house. If you have one big bite that itches and stays for days or weeks, it is most likely a bite from a spider or a centipede. Centipedes eat spiders and cock roaches, so they are useful to keep. They eat all sorts of bad insects. There isn't much you can do if it is a random thing. They probably crawled up into your bed and you rolled over on them. I get a spider bite (or centipede bite) about 2-3 times/year. (11/17/2008)

By Terry

Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep

This sounds like bed bugs. Go to the armed forces pest management board website. There you'll find a video on how to inspect for bed bugs. I would recommend getting professional help on this one. (12/04/2008)

By coco

Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep

You definitely have scabies. If you have bites in your sleep and diagonal lines, that's where they burrow in your skin. They are most active at night. Go see a doctor. (03/23/2009)

By swg9932

Human flesh with large read insect bite
Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Itching from a bug bite.
Identifying Little Black Biting Bugs
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Identifying Little Biting Bugs
Identifying Little Biting Bugs
🎉
🎄