Burnt Ring From a Pan on My Kitchen Counter

I sat a hot pot on my kitchen counter and now have a burnt ring I can't get out. Please help!

Pattie from Naples, FL

I don't think you can clean that off. We once bought a house that had a round burn on the counter. We purchased tiles to fit the area or cut it out a little more to fit the area. It made a real nice hot plate holder on the counter that looked like it was supposed to be there. (08/19/2006)

By nolasandy

If you own your home, and have formica, I suggest that you not fret but try to be happy with a thinner great looking chopping block over the spot. If you rent or are thinking about resale, consider Liquid Nailing it to the spot, since you seem to use it for hot pans anyway, and it could happen still again?

Another option is to place a circle of granite or marble there without feet and use it for the purpose of setting hot things on it. We all make those mistakes. Hope this helps somehow? I can't think of ANYTHING or ANYWAY to remove a badly burned spot on any kind of countertop material. A more frugal material is to purchase from the dollar store a metal cardboard backed Hot Mat. The one I use ON TOP of my little toaster grill /oven is copper and from BAllONOFF Home Products, which may have a web site? Good luck and God Bless. (08/19/2006)

By Lynda

I have successfullly poured 3-in-1 oil over the burn area and scrubed with plastic scrubers. I don't what else to call these scrubbers. They are not your ordinary kitchen scrubbers, but are available from harware stores and could be used in place of sandpaper. I used the fine grade ones.

This hint was told to me by a kitchen remodeler.

Pam (08/28/2006)

By Pam

Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume