Browsing: Buying Nylon Netting for Crafts

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Buying Nylon Netting for Crafts

Nylon netting is used in many crafts. But sometimes it is difficult to find just the type and color that you want. This is a guide about buying nylon netting for crafts.

Nylon Netting for Crafts
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 9, 2009 Flag

Can you please let me know where I can purchase nylon for crocheted pot scrubbers and also patterns?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you don't want to have to cut up strips and then tie them together, you may want to check out http://www.knitsandbitsbylinda.com/ She sells netting in 3" wide spools for $4.00 each. I've purchased from her and her selection and customer service is great. She carries a lot of colors. I can usually get 3 double sided scrubbies from each spool.

The scrubbers are not made from Tulle. That is too soft.

Did you ever figure out the scrubbers pattern? I have a real simple pattern I've been using but cannot sell them now. I've got 100 to sell at $1.00 and cannot get rid of them. I love making them in the winter watching TV.

I buy my netting at Walmart in the fabric section. It's called "net" on the tag. Not tulle. It is coarse. Hobby Lobby also sells it. Hobby Lobby's link is: http://shop.hobbylobby.com/search/default.aspx?searchTerm=net

A great and easy tutorial for making them is:

http://noelwright.blogspot.com/2011 ... attern-for-crochet-pot-scrubber.html

They are double sided and nice and thick! Perfect for scrubbing veggies or dishes and more!

Read More Answers...

April 14, 2013 Flag

Where can I buy this nylon netting?

By Michelle

I have a craft class that I teach, and one gal was going broke trying to make Scrubbies. I found her some at Walmart for just .97 per yard. Cut into 2" strips and crocheted with a size L hook, she got 4-5 out of each one. Hope that helps. PBP

Consumer Advice Product FinderApril 16, 2013
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
Making Crochet Nylon Net Scrubbies, Crochet nylon net scrubber.
Making Crochet Nylon Net Scrubbies
Bird Netting
Inexpensive Bird Netting
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 7:31:11 AM on 10.0.1.205 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.