Buying Nylon Netting for Crafts

Nylon netting is used in many crafts. But sometimes it is difficult to find just the type and color that you want. This is a guide about buying nylon netting for crafts.

Can you please let me know where I can purchase nylon for crocheted pot scrubbers and also patterns?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Don't buy the tulle it's too soft and delicate and it won't do the job. What you need to buy is the rough feeling nylon netting. Check in the Walmart fabric department or any major fabric store would sell it. Also call a few craft stores to see if they sell it. http://cakesmix  et-scrubbie.html

Any fabric store should have it. The WalMart stores in my area have it in their fabric departments.

I have been thinking about making those little net scrubbers for the bath, as I change in summer when I work in the yard a lot. Although I realize these suggestions focus on pot scrubbers, it gives me lots of ideas for body scrubbers too. Thanks.

Dollar stores always carry tulle already cut in circles about the size of a pie plate. I think people use them to make wedding or baby shower favors. I don't know how many are in a 1$ pack but it looks to be quite a bit.

If you don't want to have to cut up strips and then tie them together, you may want to check out http://www.knit  bitsbylinda.com/ She sells netting in 3" wide spools for $4.00 each. I've purchased from her and her selection and customer service is great. She carries a lot of colors. I can usually get 3 double sided scrubbies from each spool.

The scrubbers are not made from Tulle. That is too soft.

Did you ever figure out the scrubbers pattern? I have a real simple pattern I've been using but cannot sell them now. I've got 100 to sell at $1.00 and cannot get rid of them. I love making them in the winter watching TV.

I buy my netting at Walmart in the fabric section. It's called "net" on the tag. Not tulle. It is coarse. Hobby Lobby also sells it. Hobby Lobby's link is: http://shop.hob  x?searchTerm=net

A great and easy tutorial for making them is:

http://noelwrig  ot-scrubber.html

They are double sided and nice and thick! Perfect for scrubbing veggies or dishes and more!

I would like to buy 10 of your scrubbies

Where can I buy this nylon netting?

By Michelle

I have a craft class that I teach, and one gal was going broke trying to make Scrubbies. I found her some at Walmart for just .97 per yard. Cut into 2" strips and crocheted with a size L hook, she got 4-5 out of each one. Hope that helps. PBP

We would like to make candy necklaces, but can not find the tubular netting.

By KC

I am looking for the netting that is used to make scrubbies. I want the stuff that is stiffer than regular netting and not as scratchy. I can get some at Joann's Fabric, but not in the colors I want. Can somebody help? I would like to purchase this wholesale and in 20 yards or more.

By Tawni from Las Vegas, NV