CD Crafts

I have dozens of CDs (round shiny) that I want to use for a craft project. Any ideas?

OhioGirl from Cleve, Ohio

Answers:

Glue

If you find the right glue (they have it at hardware stores. Its the kind that will glue porcelain. Comes in a tube like silicone) you can make some great Christmas decorations. A Christmas tree is really cute or a snowman & then put lights in the holes on the CDS (09/08/2006)

By nikki

Garden Border

I've used the CDs I've received in the mail as a border around my garden and edgers between the walk and the grass. (09/14/2006)

By Willowinthewinds

Ornament

I took old cd's and make ornaments out of them. I also won a contest here on Thriftyfun with that one. I took a cd, two pieces of cardstock, drill, paint, picture, glitter, mod podge, wire and beads.

I cut the cardstock into the shape of the cd, you will use two pieces. I drilled a hole into the cd at teh top center for the hanger. Drilled three holes at the bottom of the cd to hang beads on. I painted the paper circles and aged them to my liking. I mod podged them onto the cd after the paint was dry. Then after everything was dry I mod podged the picture on the front. Let that dry...with two coats. Added some wire and beads and you have an ornament!

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf504358.tip.html (09/15/2006)

By Michele

Hole Punch

I Read that using a hole punch (I assume it must be a heavy duty one or one that's used for making holes in belts.) Makes holes in cd's so no need for drilling. (09/20/2006)

By Tess