Caring for Aging Skin

As our skin ages it can become drier and begin to show fine lines and wrinkles. There are many commercial and homemade products that you can use to help keep your skin looking smoother. This is a guide about caring for aging skin.

Most women want younger looking skin, especially moms out there when we reach middle age. The simplest way to achieve this is right around your kitchen. I prefer not to spend a lot of money and I don't want to waste my time going to a dermatologist.

Just grab evaporated milk from your fridge or pantry. Put in a small bowl, and just use your fingertip to apply to your face. Leave it for 5 minutes. Then wash your face with lukewarm water. This will help you to achieve the younger look you want if you apply at least 3 times week.

I'm running out to get me some :o Thanks!

A wonderful night moisturizing cream, possibly in your medicine cabinet! I stumbled across a wonderful, cheap nightcream. A & D Ointment. It sounds crazy, but it has done wonders for my skin. (I am in the 50+ category) I had a procedure done on my eyes, and the doctor recommended using it to sooth the skin.

After a few days, I began to notice how smooth and soft the skin around my eyes was, so I started to use it all over my face. Redness disappeared, and so did small blemishes and dark spots, amazing, and I am a user of expensive cosmetics! Give it a try, it certainly can't hurt and it might save you lots on expensive night creams.

By Carol from Alexandria, VA

I loved this post! I've been using A&D ointment on my face, feet, & as a weekly DIY hair treatment and I've had great results so far. It's the yellow A&D ointment, not the white type. I'd like to link this article to the blogpost I wrote. This stuff really works well & very quickly!

In watching TV commercials and reading articles on how to minimize all facial lines, I've found a solution. Just use a commercial paper-like medical tape that comes in its own dispenser. Then just tear off enough to cover certain areas; i.e. frown lines, crows feet and the parenthesis on each side of your mouth.

Do this after you wash your face, and get ready to slip into bed. This method is pretty much fool proof, and sure beats buying pricey cosmetics. The above dispenser can be found with different types of medical tapes in your store's pharmacy section.

Source: Came from a good friend who is in her 80's, and doesn't look it!

By Jane P. from Lawrenceville, GA

I put a piece of tape on my forehead every night before going to bed. If I forget to do this, I'll wake up with a deep crease in my forehead which makes me look like I am frowning. It takes several days to smooth it out. I wish I had started doing this when I was much younger before the crease ever started. I call it a sleep crease.

I use First Aid cloth tape and tear off a square and put it over the crease line. Before putting the tape on, I put a little Olay moisturizer on my face. This makes the tape more comfortable yet it's not enough to keep the tape from sticking. I use a damp bath cloth in the morning to remove the tape.

I give this tip a thumbs up. It does work for creases that come from sleeping.

I am looking for a great anti aging product and one that is preferably inexpensive. All the advertising is overwhelming and it's confusing. I am open to all suggestions especially ones that I can use from cheap items or something I can make. Thank you

Mindy

Best Answer

Hello from Canada!

The best anti-aging ingredients are:

1. Plenty of outdoor exercise...

2. Lots of vegetables and fruits, specifically green vegetables and apples....

3. Soybean milk and soy products and porridge.

4. Chicken or steak once a month or less.

5. Blueberry and Razzberry jams, have anti-cancer properties.

Best Answer

I order organic coconut oil. It is wonderful for anti- aging, and I am 60 yrs. old. Just be sure and get a good grade. Mine comes in a capsule, I also take a couple a day.

My skin is very dry and I also order unrefined shea btter. it comes in a big hunk. I just put a small amount ina a bowl and place it in the microwave on "defrost" until melted. It is wonderful on your skin, you can really see a difference in your skin ( body) by the next day.

Kay

Best Answer

I am in my very late 70's. I keep house and cook for a disabled husband of 84 and a grandson 18. I volunteer at least 1 day a week at the hospital in town. No one believes I am past 60. I believe my good health and looks come from the Aloe Vera I use. I drink it and use it on my face and skin.

Even hair products have aloe in them. A cheap site for excellent aloe (greenhouse grown in the US ) is www.aloetherapy. Read labels. A lot of places say aloe and in the ingredients list it is way down on the list. Good luck to you.

Best Answer

I use olive oil. I put about 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of dried lavender buds in about an 8oz bottle of olive oil. It takes about a month for the lavender to get saturated enough to all sink to the bottom, but I start using it about a week after I put the lavender in and it smells so good. Looks like you have gotten lots of ideas - I think that I may try a few of them also.

PS - you feel young, you look young.

Best Answer

Wrinkle Removal Recipe

Banana is wonderful as an anti-wrinkle treatment.

Mash 1/4 banana until very creamy. Spread all over face and leave for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water followed by a dash of cold.

Gently pat dry.

Do this every night and see the difference...:)

Vitamin E, almond oil, olive oil, jojoba oil are all excellent. Yuck to the petroleum jelly. It's too greasy and will clog your pores. Look around online too. Oh, and lots and lots of pure water!!

take a base lotion you can get at the dollar store..the body butter comes with shea butter in it ad a tablespoon of your favorite moisturizer and one squeezed soft gel capsule of vitamin e oil..and a tablespoon of glycerine..whip it up with a whisk put it in little bottles i use baby food bottles..you can also ad your favorite fragrance oil for a stronger scent..use after you shower and by the end of the week you will notice the difference in your skin..this is a non oily feel to your skin it is great and stays on your skin doesnt wash off like other commercial brands..helps heal sore itchy dry skin from winter..costs about 3.00 to make..a little bit of this lotion goes a long way..

The best solution I have is True Face Essence Ultra from Nu Skin Enterprises. This miracle formula restores the elasticity of you skin to that of a 20 year olds in just a few months! There is no other product like this available. Guaranteed to work, or your money back. Contact me for before & after pictures!

Is there any product out there that can help with age lines on the neck? I have tried quite a lot of products and nothing I do seems to help with the lines. If anyone knows any wonder product that can make the lines look better that would be great. My face is fine as I cleanse and tone every day and night. Its just my neck that is the problem. Thanks.

By Joanne from England

Try using anti-aging products with retinol or similar ingredients (see Garnier/Olay/Roc, etc.) They will defoliate your skin on your throat & reduce lines - you can help by smoothing them out with an upward massage - also keep your neck hydrated with moisturizer to pump out the lines. We all should take as good care of our necks as we do of our faces. There are marvelous products out there (also try the Avon anti-aging line) nowadays - so try some to see what works best for you.

There is a product called StriVectin Neck Cream.