Anti Aging Moisturizers

Category Moisturizer
A good moisturizer can help make your skin soft and young looking. This is a guide about anti aging moisturizers.

Who can tell me the best moisturizer for fine lines and wrinkles?

Pam from Allen

Answers

Best Answer

I've been using Pond's Dry Skin Cream (the one in the blue jar) since I was twelve. I'm 56 now and people are always telling me how smooth and wrinkle free my skin is. As I get older my skin gets drier in cold weather so in the winter I use Nivea Cream. They are among the least expensive, so give them a try.

Best Answer

Key West Aloe products work great. They can be ordered from the Key West Aloe web site.

Best Answer

Any moisturizer will help dry skin. However, to prevent the appearance of aging, I have read in articles that were not selling anything that the only creams that actually work are those that contain retinol. Don't know if it's true, but I'm passing it on.

Best Answer

Obviously, there are many personal opinions here and I am sure that they are all absolutely correct...for that individual. I personally find that Modelle works best for me. Price point is middle of the road. My daughter was a cosmetician at a major drug store chain that sold many different lines. She found that every person will react differently to each product line.

So try different lines until you find the one that works best for you. She often brought home free products from various product lines and I have tried the most expensive and found that they didn't work as well as my Modelle. She also found that the Olay line was the best in the lowest price point. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck!

By CiCi (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I've noticed improvements after using rosehip oil. I, also, noticed improvements after I started using moisterizer with rosehip oil plus other all-natural ingredients.

Does anyone know what the differences is between Oil of Olay versus Mary Kay products. Both seem to be good, but I would like to get one product and stick with it instead of switching all the time.

-penguin21

Answers

Best Answer

I don't know the difference between the two, but you can look at the ingreadent list and compare that way. Wish you would take a look at what I use. Cheaper than Mary K and Olay. I have used Aloe Vera products for years. I buy from www.aloetherape.com . Thier Aloe is grown in greenhouses in the USA and Aloe is so good for our skin. Whole leaf Aloe is the No. one ingreadent in the products. Great for moisturizing and retarding fine lines and wrinkles. I hope you take a look at the site and compare the ingreadent list and the price.

What is the most important ingredient in a moisturizer/anti aging/fine line refiner types they use and why? I am 51 and was really surprised to discover fine lines above my lip, not long ago. I guess I didn't scrutinize that closely before. I moisturize and concentrate on those spots, but am I doing it in vane. I might as well use the best. So what pops into your head? I love this group. Thanks,

Terry in Washington

Answers:

Anti-aging Moisturizers

I bought the Oil of Olay Total Effects at Kmart for $17.99. This is much more than I would usually spend but it is wonderful. I feel a difference as soon as I put it on. Check the Oil of Olay website and they may send you a sample. The small pump jar goes a long way. You only need a tiny bit. Well worth my investment! (05/14/2002)

By margi21

Anti-aging Moisturizers

I use AVON Anew products. After using them for less than 6 weeks one of my friends asked me what I was using because the difference was that noticeable. The cost is a little high, but worth it. Cindy (05/15/2002)

By akmace

Anti-aging Moisturizers

I think the best anti-aging products on the market are Mary Kay products. The Mary Kay skin care products are second to none - from the cleansers to the special anti-aging products to the color cosmetics to the body care. (05/15/2002)

By elaine

Anti-aging Moisturizers

After trying and testing most of the top brands. Arbonne by far is the number one. It is formulated in Switzerland and made in the USA, It is a unique blend of Botanicals. I'm not a sale person just a user. This product doesn't have any fillers so a little goes a long, long ways. (05/15/2002)

By pdyer

Anti-aging Moisturizers

My suggestion is to quit smoking, which is a big reason for those lines for many women. (05/15/2002)

By hmb999

Anti-aging Moisturizers

My newest discovery is a product called Aqua Glycolic (hand and body lotion) it contains the same ingredients as the high priced anti-aging products and costs 12$ - 14$ for 8 oz versus 15$ or more for 2 oz or less. Excellent value, superior product. This has visibly reduced the fine lines around my eyes in 3 weeks! (05/16/2002)

By Russlyn3

Anti-aging Moisturizers

One thing that works well for healing old scars is aloe vera. I've used the gel as a moisturizer and it does well in healing small scars and revitalizing the skin. - Marianne (05/17/2002)

By admin

Anti-aging Moisturizers

The person who suggested quitting smoking to improve facial lines is SO CORRECT! I smoked for almost 25 years and quit more than 3 years ago. Not only do facial lines become less prominent when you stop smoking, but the overall complexion improves in terms of less pimples/blemishes, better color, and more glow. I even found that my eyes shine more and have lost their dullness from my smoking days. The color of your teeth also improve dramatically, not to mention the smell of your breath. I'm living proof that quitting smoking is the single best thing you can do to improve everything about you, and it also SAVES you money instead of costing you for yet more products! Now that I don't smoke anymore, I find that living a less stressful life and getting enough sleep also help to improve the way you look. Tracy in Watauga, TX (05/17/2002)

By admin

Anti-aging Moisturizers

Where can this Aqua Glycolic be purchased? It sounds like a good deal. I am 56 and my skin is a wreck. I never used moisturizers because my skin was oily to start with, but now my skin is getting rough. I think it needs help. (05/23/2002)

By dqlts

Anti-aging Moisturizers

I just recently started using Avon's Vitamin E face lotion and could feel and see the difference after the first use! (03/12/2004)

By Lisa

Anti-aging Moisturizers

I have to agree with the lady who said the new Avon Anew products work. I have an older sister who tries everything that comes out. She is almost 50, smoked for 30 years and was one of those people who put on Mayo when she laid out in the sun for a darker look. I got her a bottle of the Anew Clinical and in 2 weeks you could already see the fine lines around her lips were going away. Now, after a month you can really see a difference in how she looks. It is not cheap but a bottle lasts for about a month and a half and does work. (03/18/2004)

By Suzie

Anti-aging Moisturizers

To help those brown spots that appear from any scabbing whether from a pimple or just a scratch you need to faithfully use sunscreen. It's the sun on new skin that causes it to be brown. This is just my opinion but I'm 61 and my skin is so clear with no discoloration at all and I think it must be because I use sunscreen before my makeup. I use Mary Kay Timewise Moisturizer with sunscreen and before that I used their Daily Protection moisturizer with sunscreen. Their products perform! I'm retired and I travel and spend lots of time in the sun, but we never get burned. (06/17/2004)

By Anne Brown

Anti-aging Moisturizers

My mother-in law used crisco lard on her face every night before bed. She looked 20 years younger than she was. (07/18/2004)

By nancy

Anti-aging Moisturizers

Does anyone know what the differences is between Oil of Olay versus Mary Kay products. Both seem to be good, but I would like to get one product and stick with it instead of switching all the time. (01/13/2005)

By gwen

Anti-aging Moisturizers

We put this one in as a new request at:
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf160835.tip.html

We had this one in 2002 but products change so it's a good time to have it again.
Susan from ThriftyFun (01/13/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Mary Kay vs. other

The two sure things about Mary Kay is the quality of produts and excellent customer service. Does oil of olay, Clinique, Lancome, etc. deliver products to your door, free of charge and in a nice, cute gift bag? Not only are the products outstanding, it's convenient! Within only eight weeks of continued use of the skin care you will notice a huge difference in your skin. All of Mary Kay is quality and when you can do a one-stop-shop with your personal consultant, that is icing on the cake. (01/22/2005)

By Sonya

Anti-aging Moisturizers

Forget all those high priced products. I use organic Coconut oil for everything... under eyes, face, hands, feet and body. It can be inexpensive depending on the brand, anywhere from $5 (Specturm Naturals brand 14oz) to $15 (Nutiva brand 15oz). Just put some in the palm of your hand, place the other palm over it to warm it up, and apply. It does have a slight coconut smell but this fades after 10-15 minutes. It doesn't leave you feeling oily either.

Bonus: you can cook with it too! (02/13/2005)

By Kim

Anti-aging Moisturizers

Try a steaming your face at least once a week when your pores are open make a mask of honey and oatmeal and apply by rubbing it in small circular gentle motions. let mask dry, once dry remove with a soft damp tepid cloth, then rinse the face with the remaining tepid water pat dry, with fingertips apply your favorite moisturizer such as regenerist (OLAY) if you are going out in the sun apply the regenerist with the UVB protection. Sometimes I just use hawaiian tropic sunscreen on my face and body, it smells good and has a lot of great plant extracts in it (04/28/2006)

By Felicia

Anti-aging Moisturizers

Mary Kay products are the best products when it comes to anti-aging, its results are quick compared to the Arbonne RE9 which contains lots of skin irritants which are not suitable for the dry skin. (03/22/2007)

By Harvard_Dermitologist 099