DermaWand Reviews

Before buying beauty products that promise skin rejuvenation, it is a good idea to do a bit of research. The DermaWand Anti-Aging System has many users that have experienced positive results. This is a guide about DermaWand reviews.

The Dermawand has many proven results. My mother uses it, my co-worker's mother also uses it. The results are not instant as many thing after using it for one week, it is a long term investment for your skin. After using it for a few months you will see the improvements. My mum and co-worker's mum are proof. They love it, their wrinkles are reduces, their skin feels smoother and they say they have their "glow" back again.

Look on the Australian Shaver Shop website where there are many reviews that are very informative., The Shaver Shop staff are trained extensively on the Dermawand product and are very helpful. They explained everything to me and the process it takes. Go ask the experts.

Many people have used the DermaWand system to improve their skin appearance. This is a guide about using a DermaWand.

woman with groomed eyebrows

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

My question is that if it's free for 30 days for the test, how am I gonna get that without paying and am I gonna pay after 30 days?

By mujhdanasiri

Answers

Best Answer

I contract for one of the companies that takes orders for the derma wand. One reads "By ordering today you can try the derma wand for free for 30 days". After 30 days it's $39.95 + 14.95 shipping & handling with 2 more payments of $39.95 ($119.85 total + s&h).

Another one reads "You pay $14.95 today, processing fee for the skin care products. Then is 30 days you pay $39.95 + 14.95 s&h, followed by 2 more payments of $39.95".

Some say $9.95 instead of $14.95... depends on which ad you see. Either way though you'll end up paying $119.85 for the derma wand plus s&h and if you decided to return it within the 30 day money back guaratee you will pay the shipping fee to return it.

Always...Always listen for risk free. I hear all day long (on numerous products) that the commercial said free... Nothing is ever totally free. Always listen for RISK free which means you can return it within their stated time period and get a refund thus you've lost no money other than your p&h (processing & handling) or s&h (shipping & handling).

Marketing is big business and the consumer is responsible for looking out for themself! Always listen closely and look for the small print on the bottom or corner of your TV screen. Many times that's where you'll see they've added in costs they haven't stated out loud. Example: "Buy one get - one free" but in small print on your screen you'll see "just pay additionaly shipping". It's a buyer beware world out there so keeps your eyes and ears open for a catch!

Is the daily use of the Dermawand laser harmful in any way to your health? Can it cause any cancer or something else?

By YR

Answers

I simply keyed: "Dermawand laser" in my browser and many useful links came up. You should get your question answered there. Also reviews pros and cons. Hope this helps.

The results of Derma Wand are temporary from what I've read. I was wondering how long they do last. All day, a few days? Thanks.

By Bailey from Denver, CO

Answers

OMG....there is NO way I would give up mine. I have had it about a year and a half and love it. I do not get the eyebrow lift shown on HSN but that girl has used it daily for several years. At age 49 I have large pores and oily skin with few tiny wrinkles under my eye. I now have smaller pores and my face is somewhat dryer and it helps with acne! At this age I shouldn't have any but I do. Way cheaper and does the same thing the $150 Zeno at Wal Mart does! Buy from HSN and then you will not have a problem returning it if you dont like it.

The DW slightly tightens your face and neck with daily use. I use in evenings while watching tv and for about 1/2 hr at a time. My mother was the first to notice! She asked me what I was using on my face because it looked so good and younger. I don't think a few minutes a day is enough that is why I do so long at night. I have just started using the Nutri Sonic facial brush on HSN and it is fantastic! I didn't notice how "unclean" my face was until this. I am hoping between it and the Derma Wand I can improve my face and neck without surgery!

As long as you use it every day, the results will stay and keep getting better. I see they are selling them again in the UK throught Amazon.

The modern exaggerated ozone phobia is pointless. Ozone is corrosive but it is part of normal air (especially in summer). The worst it does is decomposing latex. But treating facial skin with fruit acids is corrosive also and you could surely kill humans and decompose the corpse with only enough fruit acids. And everything that attacks skin cells can increase skin cancer risk. Strengthen your immune system by enough sleep and organic food to fight against it.

I employ a classic violet ray machine for pain treatment (not beauty), which is likely much stronger than the Derma Wand. The way I employ it, the ozone smell doesn't make headache. I guess that happens only after being exposed for over an hour to it. I vent the bathroom immediately after use (not least because the acrid stuff eats latex). With summer smog ozone the situation is much different, because 1. the environment is way too hot and 2. you can not open a window to get rid of it. Classic violet ray machines even had a dedicated ozone inhaler to disinfect your respiratory tract. (Some people still use it.)

These machines work not by producing some strange neon light but mainly by firing thousands of small lightning bolts onto the skin, those produce the ozone and some full spectrum light (containing a bit of UV). These sparks have a strongly disinfecting effect but also burn the surface a bit. Overexposure can cause sunburn-like damage, but unless it is overused, I would not consider this very dangerous. (Domina studios even use similar "violet wand" devices of much higher intensity than medically recommended to produce pain and temporary skin brandings.) How ever I would not want to treat my head with it without reason because I fear that the pulsed HF (strong like 15 mobile phones) may cook my brain. But I am also aware that the lower frequency (500kHz with violet ray) concentrates heat way less than the microwaves of mobile phones. I don't use mine for beauty, but I read that mild spark treatment (holding tube at distance) can e.g. soften scars. Stronger sparks burn warts and (unlike mechanical removal) kill the embedded germs.

Websearch for "violet ray" history. In early 1900th such machines were used to treat all kinds of medical conditions, but FDA banned them in 1950th (pushed by the pharma lobby) due to exaggerated health claims.

Anonymous

One hour the most !not worth it!!

I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has used the Dermawand for a year or more?

By JM

Answers

I've used Dema Wand for about 10 years. It's great! Not only does it improve my skin it has added benefits - cold sores will disappear in 1 or 2 days. Osteo- arthritis - it soothes and lightens pain. Restless legs is another use for the derma wand.
Lucie

Anonymous

I have used Derma Wand for 5 years. I haven't had any problems & my skin looks younger. I only use it 2-3 times a week for no longer than 15 min. Awesome results, but it's not a magic wand

Anonymous

Hi how do u use it for restless legs x

I have just received my Derma Wand and have not used it yet. I am wanting to use it for the first time, however, I am going out soon after I use it and am wondering if I can do this and put make-up on right after and then go out with friends. Please advise me what is the best thing to do or not to do?

By Janine from Watonga, OK

After using this for a few weeks the pores on my cheeks close to my nose became huge. They run all the way down to almost my lips. I haven't used it for months and they are still huge. I'm really upset at this. It's good for spot treating pimples and draining the lymphatic system for under eye bags. But my pores look awful!

By Jessica

Are there substitutions for the products you use with Derma Wand? I have had mine for a few weeks and my daughter definately notices the difference.

By Jeanne D.

Does anyone know why my pores are larger after using the Derma Wand?

By Wendy C. from Riverside, CA

Answers:

Derma Wand Reviews

I know you don't want one. I was a pro for years in day-spas doing everything one can do, and those things are really not good for your skin. You can only thin your skin so much, or the epidermis isn't there to keep pores tight and closed up. We once played with one in the shop and decided we didn't want it! Customers bought them, and then we had to fix the damage. It's too abrasive. I know they aren't cheap, but I can't say I liked it.

I just use sugar to exfoliate; it breaks down dead skin and gets rid of them-no pores get clogged because all of it dissolves. With the Derma Wand, I developed a thin spot and it seemed to leave particles and dead skin behind. I have irritable skin, and you may, too. It's not sensitive, but allergies make it want to get red. Maybe you're having a similar experience. (07/19/2009)

By damaged05170

Derma Wand Reviews

I used the Derma Wand for 2 years and really thought it was doing my skin some good. I let my son use it because he had acne and he believed it was helping his spots clear up. But unfortunately, one day while he was using the Derma Wand on a fairly high setting, it blew up at the tip and it's a wonder he wasn't blinded or something from the glass fragments or even the beam. From that day on I've never replaced it even though my son wants me to. (08/12/2009)

By Xocai-Lady

Derma Wand Reviews

I followed the suggestion of another reviewer and bought my Derma Wand through HSN. It only cost me $79.99 (saved $40 right off the bat) plus free shipping. I also purchased a 2 year warranty for $13.00, so if I break it, it will be replaced. I received it 3 days ago. The first time using it, I felt that it wasn't doing anything, but I decided to give it a real try by using it twice a day as recommended.

I already see a significant improvement in my skin texture. That hormonal acne that runs from the corners of my lips down to my chin is almost entirely gone. I also have 2 small fatty lumps that I've had for years and they are shrinking already. I've also been experimenting using it on a couple of psoriasis lesions on my leg, it will take some time to see how that is affected. So overall, I'm happy with the product. Regardless of whether it actually smooths out wrinkles, it is still doing great things for my skin. (10/11/2009)

By B Taylor

Does anyone have any information on Dermawand? Have you tried it and what results did you have? How long did it take to get results? Does anyone know how and where I can get information about this product and if it works? Thanks!

Smoochie

Answers:

Derma Wand Reviews

This message is for Kimberly who responded about the Dermawand.

Kimberly, you mentioned a 'pore vacuum' that you love and it sounds like it really works. But what is it and where can I buy one please? Do you have a manufacturer's name for it?

Also, what brand of Dead Sea facial peels do you use? I've not heard of this brand and/or this product. Can you please give me the name and where I can buy it? Also, you mention that the 'recipe' using alpha lipoic acide and vitamin C in an anhydrous base. But I can't find it online. Can you help me and give me the website and/or the recipe, please?

I know I'm asking a lot! But I am very interested in your comments. Thank you from Smoochie (10/02/2008)

By metroplex

Derma Wand Reviews

Hi there, I bought Derma wand a few years ago because my pimples were the size of mushrooms. Despite monthly facials and pro active, these zits would live on my face for what seemed forever. Desperate for an at home high frequency machine, I bought Dermawand and it was the best investment I've ever made.

My zits do not grow the size of mushrooms- if I feel one coming, I zap it for 5 minutes and most of the time they don't even come out and if they do, they are teeny weeny. My skin looks so much better- it does make your face glow, lift and shrink pores. I don't know what I would do without the most essential beauty tool in my artillery. Totally worth the money. (10/06/2008)

By Pidelo

Derma Wand Reviews

I've been using my Derma Wand for a couple of days, but do not experience any "feeling" from it. The tip lights up when it touches my skin, and I smell a faint odor, but really don't feel any stinging or any other sensation. Is it perhaps defective? Interestingly, I have a FaceMaster and I think it too may be broken, as I feel no current or anything else from that either. Could it just be me? Anyone else had this experience? Thanks, Joan (10/07/2008)

By Joan

Derma Wand Reviews

I have been using the Derma Wand, and have received excellent results, three weeks ago today. It has toned up my facial skin nicely. Firmed my jaw line and underneath my chin. It has removed the lines underneath my eyes. I am very satisfied with the results I'm receiving in so little time.

I also have small skin tags which has been reduced, to almost nothing, it is incredible. I love using my Derma Wand. I use it morning and evening daily alone with vitamin C cream and eye serum. This wand has firmed my neck very nicely. Today I was told I look 12 years younger than my actual age of 57, WOW WEE.

Thanks Derma Wand, I will continue to use this daily, as gravity takes it's toll on us all daily. (10/09/2008)

By HEIDI

Derma Wand Reviews

This is the worst thing I had bought in my life. It came malfunctioning, then I had to pay for the rest of the products that never came. Do not do business with them. (10/20/2008)

By LROZO AT INSIGHTBB.COM

Derma Wand Reviews

I love this, I just got this in the mail the other day and right away I felt a difference in my skin texture.

I even tried it on my boyfriend and he liked it! For the lady who said she didn't feel any electrical current, remember to take off the plastic bulb at the top, as I forgot to do that and I thought the same. There was no feeling of electricity and then I realized I had to take the plastic top off. I love it! Remember, you have to give some things time to take hold and work. Don't give up because you didn't get immediate results, relax and take your time.
(10/22/2008)

By Melissa

Derma Wand Reviews

I bought the Derma Wand 2 weeks ago and the main thing I notice is that my face seems less dry. I am 46 and when I was young, I had oily skin but as I have aged my skin has gotten increasingly more dry. Now when I wake up in the morning my face is less dry and has a bit of oil on it. I think this is good because my skin was becoming so dry. I love the Derma Wand and love how my skin looks and feels when I use it.

By the way I never use it dry. I think you can use what ever you want but I tend to use the preface gel that came with the wand. I spritz with water to keep the preface wet as I use the Wand. My skin color is much improved and I look refreshed and younger. And no I don't work for Derma Wand. I am just an ordinary woman who wants to remain youthful looking. (10/26/2008)

By Tracie

Derma Wand Reviews

Leanna, I'd like to know what you used on your scalp when you used the D'arsonval, I've seen the product on ebay and the comb attachment, my hair has started to thin and I'd like to try it. How often and how long do you use it on your scalp and with what product? I hope you respond. Thanks.

As for the Dermawand, I used it in the same outlet as my Sonicare toothbrush and it blew the toothbrush, I heard one loud squeal and it is no longer working. (10/26/2008)

By Ann

Derma Wand Reviews

Yes, it's garbage. I ordered it and upon using it the very first day and time that I received it, the unit just died out. When I called customer service with my concerns they seem to already know that they don't work and did not care, and they even wanted to charge me for sending it back. Their customer service is the worst so I canceled my order. They don't even start long enough to work. (11/05/2008)

Derma Wand Reviews

I used it and did see my eye brow area significantly improve as shown on TV. I then just lifted the other side with my three fingers as shown in facial exercise manuals. It did the same thing and the results lasted longer. (11/14/2008)

By elisa

Derma Wand Reviews

(submitted via email)

Please, please Ladies - check your bank withdrawal, these Derma Wand people are charging for this product that is not worth a dime over and over again. Mine broke one month after I purchased it. They do not do the flex payment they advertised, but took the total amount then charged the flex each month after. I have been calling them each month with this withdrawal issue and have not been getting any result. Just 11/12/08 another $44.95 was taken out of my account. Customer Service told me I will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday when she can talk to Corporate to give me an answer. BOA says I have to close my account and open a new one, as they cannot stop debit card withdrawal. Derma Wand must have known this and kept charging me 3 times over the cost of this NO GOOD product. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Lina (11/17/2008)

By jess

Derma Wand Reviews

Had the Derma Wand for 3 weeks and it stopped working. Waste of money. (11/19/2008)

By Vicki

Derma Wand Reviews

I am 56 and so far I love it! I just got it today, and I know it's really too early to say what it will do or won't, but so far so good. I promise I WILL keep you posted! (11/20/2008)

By Laura

Derma Wand Reviews

Your heart runs on an electric impulse. It surely can't be good to pump more electricity into your body every day. I read a story that this product causes a rapid heart beat or an arrhythmia after using at a high setting for a long time. It's not worth the health of my heart. I'm sure this product is fairly new but just wait. Some new findings or study will surface one day about how this product affects the workings of the heart. (11/21/2008)

By veronica

Derma Wand Reviews

I am 45 years old and I love this product. I have been using for one week and my husband noticed a dramatic change. I was starting to get jowls, yikes! I notice much firmer skin, improves sagging eyelids, wrinkles around mouth, neck and chest. I use it everyday and would recommend to anyone. You must take the time to use it daily, but it is worth the time. (12/12/2008)

By Lisa

Derma Wand Reviews

It's a scam! They require you enter your cc info before checking out then just bill you for extra items. I've called at least 5 times to get this charge taken off my account. It's a disaster. (12/23/2008)

By Sophie

Derma Wand Reviews

I have had mine for 2 years and I love it. It works great and my muscles hurt after I use it because they are getting tighter. I was never ripped off and it still works. I think it even says to keep away from small broken capillaries. So please do that. And yes, I am a real person. Heck, I saw an article where some one asked why Brad Pitt's skin looked better and they said it was because he used laser massage. That is what derma is all about. Use what ever creams you want. I like the cheap skin tightening type. (12/27/2008)

By Anita L.

Derma Wand Reviews

It's a scam. They have never sent me the actual dermawand but charged my card $134.75 to send me facial wash and a cream to be used with the dermawand. I called to have the charges reversed and they have yet to do so after months. (12/30/2008)

By Trese S.

Derma Wand Reviews

I'm just wondering if the Derma Wand might work on cellulite? (01/04/2009)

By JennaM

Derma Wand Reviews

If people think this is a scam then buy the thing from HSN. HSN has excellent customer service. (01/05/2009)

By D

Derma Wand Reviews

I'm an esthetician, going to school for dermatology. The dermawand does use the same technology as the fancy machines that we use. The ultra violet heat is very good for your skin and does improve circulation which is why people see great results. I would recommend at least trying it. As far as customer service goes I personally haven't had a problem, but there have been a lot of people saying that their online order didn't go through. So I would say to order over the phone to make sure and there's no fee for doing a phone order and the same packages are available. Hope that helps people. (01/05/2009)

By estheticianangela

Derma Wand Reviews

After faithful use of this product 2 times daily for 3 weeks, I have seen no change in my appearance. Wrinkles are not softened, skin is definitely not toned or tightened. It causes some dryness even with a moisturizer on lowest setting. (01/08/2009)

By dayanajessy

Derma Wand Reviews

We bought the Dermawand w/our debit card, tried it, & didn't like the results. Sent it back before the 30-day trial was up, they claimed they never received it because we didn't contact them first and get a "returns authorization" number nor did we send it UPS (for the tracking code). That part is on the Dermawand website Q&A link at the bottom of their website (in the fine print), so it's not readily apparent nor do they tell you about it. We used the USPS return label that came w/the product and told them that's what we used - we sent it to them the way they sent it to us, by parcel post.

So now they had their product back and our money. It took 4 months of calling almost daily to get them to credit our debit card. Had to hound them constantly (just like a bill collector!). After they got the last $29.95 pymt., a month later they refunded the money (less s&h). Keep track of the operator's name, extension number (they don't have employee numbers), and dates you called. Then if they haven't got all the monthly payments & if you used your debit card you can file an "incident report" w/your bank & the bank should stop payment on any other outstanding charges from them w/o charge (at least, mine would). Or you can stop pymt. yourself, but that costs as much as the Dermawand. Or you can cancel your debit card and open a new one w/o charge (again, my bank would) (but it takes 5-10 business days).

I think with a credit card you can complain to the credit card company & they'll get their legal dept. to send a letter/email to them to credit your money back. Check w/your credit card company on that one. I think (and this is my personal opinion) that they think you'll just get tired of calling them and you'll just write it off - you have to take the initiative and keep calling, you're the customer and they aren't, they're here to serve you, not the other way around. Good luck! (01/13/2009)

By JH

Derma Wand Reviews

I swear by this product. I have been using it well over 2 years now. After about not using it for at least 2 weeks, my face starts to get saggy and eyelids droop. Back to Derma Wand for my weekly face lift! However, I do not spend up to 5 minutes on my face, oh, no, I spend a good 1 hr 30 mins on day 1. Day 2 - 30mins. Day 3 - 15mins. Then give your face a rest. My face, yes, it does go red. Tight. Peels. But by day 3, I am fresh faced and youthful at 42! Setting 10. And on my eyelids no more than setting 3. Any higher, this would break out eczema. Not good ladies. You don't have to go nuts like me, but spend at least 30 mins each day and you WILL see the difference. Even my Husband wants me to do his frown lines now, as the results are good on me.

I have 2 good working Derma Wands and will not get rid of them for love or money. Feel lost without them. My friend would like one now and she is coming soon to 50. When in doubt, get the Derma Wand out! (01/15/2009)

By Angela

Derma Wand Reviews

I got my Dermawand on 09-20-08 off of eBay. I was 48 years old (almost 49). I began using it that day, and have used it every day since then.

Overall, it works great. My skin simply looks a lot better, although I can't quite put a finger on why. It is a little less dull looking, a little more hydrated looking, and the appearance of my pores is smaller. The overall improvement is very good.

Also, and here's a biggie, it has minimized the two huge lines I had developed on either side of my nose to my mouth. The line on the right side was almost gone in a week. The line on the left side hung on longer, but within a month was almost gone. Neither line is completely gone yet (after using the Dermawand for four months now) but the improvement is still dramatic.

Oddly, there is a large wrinkle on my upper lip that has not improved. I find that odd since the two deep lines on either side of my nose to my mouth have been greatly minimized. But, do I recommend trying it? Definitely, yes. (01/16/2009)

By Roberta

Derma Wand Reviews

If DermaWand is so wonderful, why then was it necessary not inform users that with this product you would need an adapter/converter to handle the voltage output? Without this converter, it's likely to burn-out. The wattage in foreign countries is higher than in America. So you need this converter to regulate this high voltage. China's voltage is higher than ours. (01/24/2009)

By Naomi F.

Derma Wand Reviews

After reading these many long reviews regarding the DermaWand, I decided to add my input.

I have owned a DermaWand for over a year. In the beginning I was fairly diligent about using it on a regular basis. I experienced very good results: evening of my skin tone, a brighter appearance to my complexion. I also found that any occasional blemish I developed was quickly zapped if I used the DermaWand. When I regularly used it, I also saw a visible improvement in my neck and chest area. Incidentally I am 55 years old.

Reading these posted reviews have served as a reminder to me that I need to get back in the habit of using the Derma Wand & for that I thank those of you who took the time to make your comments.

As for those persons who received defective units -- that is unfortunate. I purchased a Kyoseki flat iron because of the many favorable reviews it received. Though it worked beautifully for a short time, it shorted out and I returned it twice. Each time the Ulta store I purchased it from replaced it with a new unit. After the 2nd time, I switched to another company's unit. Had I received a defective DermaWand, perhaps I would not have the favorable opinion and good experience with this product that this post is meant to convey.

Personally, I like the derma wand and am satisfied with my purchase and the results I obtain when I use it on a regular basis. (01/28/2009)

By Frances

Derma Wand Reviews

I purchased derma wand in the middle of 2008 but I tried it for the first time 2/21/09 around 9pm and the next day my skin had such a glow I did not feel the need to put on makeup. I am 38 and I use makeup on a regular basis. My skin was not flawless, but it had a glow that made me feel like going out with a bare face! (02/23/2009)

By Tanya

Derma Wand Reviews

(Submitted via email)

I didn't like the dermawand and returned it. They would not refund my money, and said they never got it. Funny I didn't get a return of it. It is not good company service, in my opinion.

Sylvia (03/04/2009)

By Sally_Admin

Derma Wand Reviews

I bought it last summer ('08) and never unpacked it until 5 days ago. In these 5 days, I have noticed an excellent improvement! My "jowls" are at least 40% smaller, my overall face seems tighter, the smallest lines I can't even see, and generally speaking, it's great! I have not noticed the same firming on my neck, so I am going to spend 3 minutes on my neck alone and see what happens. It's not the moisturizer, since I am using my same one - it's the wand. I am going to try it on cellulite and see what happens. (03/08/2009)

By Centanni

Derma Wand Reviews

(Submitted via email)

Hello, I am responding to your message on derma wand. I had a similar thing happen to me with an acai berry product. Same time I purchased derma wand, my bank gave me a new debit card and that stopped online withdrawals on my account, once the debit number is no good they cannot access your account and I didn't have to close my account. Katie (03/16/2009)

By Sally_Admin

Derma Wand Reviews

(Submitted via email)

I have been using my dermawand for a few weeks now and love it! I'm 55 years and was told by a plastic surgeon whom I saw two weeks ago for a consultation that my skin and neckline are so firm an taunt I looked in my thirties! I was thrilled because I have not had anything done to my face like Botox or plastic surgery. My co-worker ten years younger than I also asked me how I managed to have such firm skin. I told her it was genetics, but seriously it's the dermawand!

Kathleen P. (04/12/2009)

By Sally_Admin

Derma Wand Reviews

I ordered my DermaWand from HSN. While I am not inclined to swear by a product with which I am not completely familiar, I have found some improvement on these small lumps of tissue that sit below the corners of my mouth. These run in my family, and are not affected by age nor weight. I thought that that was just what my face was supposed to look like. Tonight, after my fourth treatment ever, I noticed that the lumps were almost completely gone.
I do my treatments while watching t.v., so the closest outlet I have is the power surge protector for my computer. Maybe this is the reason why the gadget hasn't died on me.

However, it was obvious to me when I first received it that this was a fragile device which should be handled with care. I am also taking into account that for work related reasons I have not slept well these past two nights, and that I have not drank enough fluids during the triple digit weather we are experiencing. For these reasons, I cannot be sure that my pores remain enlarged even after using the DermaWand. Until I test it under different conditions, I cannot say that it does not work-but I'm not saying it does, either! (07/15/2009)

By wendy c.

Has anyone used the DERMA WAND -- and if so, what do you think of it?