Cauliflower Turning Purple

I am growing vegetables in an outside garden. My cauliflower is growing, but it is starting to turn purple on top before it is completely full. What can I do or is this normal?

By Jeri

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I've never grown cauliflower successfully, too many rabbits in the neighborhood, but we bought this purple cauliflower a few years ago. I'd never seen it before, nor have I seen it since. Did you start your own seeds, or buy the plants from a nursery?

There is a variety of cauliflower that is purple. Mayhap that is what you have.

Cauliflower
Growing Cauliflower
Home and Garden Gardening VegetablesJuly 12, 2011
Fried Cauliflower Recipes
Fried Cauliflower Recipes
Freezing Cauliflower
Freezing Cauliflower
closeup of a cabbage
Growing Brassicas
Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower
Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:55:51 PM on 10.0.2.240 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.