Chlorine In My Hair

Do i need to hunt down some special shampoo for hair that is getting a daily dose of chlorine? I know it exists but too expensive for my wallet. Does anybody have a homemade remedy for me?

Edie from Owensboro, KY

Answers:

Chlorine In My Hair

I buy distilled water for 50 cents at the grocery story and pour it into a drinking bottle and keep in the shower for the final rinse. It's cold, so I run the bottle under the hot water just as I finish my shower, and then pour over my hair. Just a tip, don't rub your hair to dry, just wrap your hair in the towel, and then let air dry. (06/21/2006)

By Karen

Chlorine In My Hair

Only yesterday, I asked my hair dresser the same question. The most effective way is the most cost efficient! Be sure to thoroughly wet your hair BEFORE swimming. Hair works like a sponge; what is already wet, absorbs less. Dry sponge=dry hair, absorbs more. Also, do not allow hair to dry without rinsing any chlorine out of it first. (06/22/2006)

By msha

Chlorine In My Hair

Try pouring some baking soda in the palm of your hand and working it into your shampoo. This has been recommended in Florida for a long time.

By Marilyn

Girl with Long Hair in Swimming Pool
Preventing Damaged Hair From Swimming Pools
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄