Making Chocolate Covered Cherries
A delicious, rich candy can be made with maraschino cherries dipped in chocolate. This is a guide about making chocolate covered cherries
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a super easy way to make chocolate covered cherries. The kids had so much fun helping me with this recipe. I've tried a few recipes and this one is a keeper!
I did milk chocolate and another batch of white chocolate because my husband doesn't like chocolate. Gasp!
Total Time: 15 minutes to make, 30 minutes to chill.
Yield: about 40
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 40 maraschino cherries, patted dry
- chocolate chips or other melting chocolate
- 1 Tbsp of shortening
- Combine melted butter and condensed milk.
- Beat in powdered sugar. The fondant will be pretty thick. You want it to be thick and holding together. If it is too dry, add some cherry juice. If it's too wet, add some more sugar.
- Roll the fondant into balls, about 1 inch or so. You should get about 40 balls of fondant.
- Take the fondant ball and use your finger to make an indentation.
- Put 1 cherry into the fondant. Wrap the fondant around the cherry, trying to get the cherry in the center. Repeat with remaining balls of fondant.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Place on wax paper and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips(about a cup or so) and shortening, or melting chocolate. I start at about 30 seconds in the microwave, stir, then heat another 30 seconds. Or, you could use a double boiler to melt the chocolate.
- Dip the fondant balls in the chocolate and put back on the wax paper to firm up. If the chocolate is taking a while to harden, you can stick them in the fridge to speed up the process.
Read More Comments
January 17, 20150 found this helpful
Wow, these look killer!
- 2 (10-oz) jars maraschino cherries with stems
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tsp. solid vegetable shortening
Drain cherries; pat dry with paper towels.
In medium bowl, sift together butter and corn syrup. Stir in powdered sugar; knead into smooth ball forms. Shape 1/2 teaspoon butter mixture around each cherry. Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Chill 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until firm.
In medium saucepan, melt chips and shortening over low heat. Holding by the stem, dip each cherry into chocolate mixture to coat, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper; chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
By Jodi from Aurora, CO
Chocolate covered cherries are a delicious gift to give your sweetheart for Valentine's day. This simple recipe allows you to make them yourself.Read More...
In These Guides
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 23, 2017 at 11:28:51 AM on 10.0.1.137 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us