Making Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Chocolate covered strawberries are so delicious, you will want to make them often. This is a page about making chocolate covered strawberries.

Here is a spectacular hors d'oeuvre for any fancy occasion. I took this picture at my friends wedding. My best friend's little sister Rachel made them! They are strawberries with milk chocolate and white chocolate coating (suiting).

By Stella

I love making chocolate covered strawberries because I can control how much chocolate to coat them in, and what brand of chocolate to use (I am a bit picky). Plus, have you seen the prices of a dozen of them from retailers? So expensive! This is really easy to do; a great recipe for all ages.

Total Time: 20 minutes

• 10 ounces of chocolate (I used semi-sweet)
  • 2 lb fresh strawberries with stems, cleaned and dried

1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave for 30 second increments on high, stirring each time. Mix until silky smooth.
  2. If some or all of your berries don't have stems, insert a long wooden stick into the tops.
  3. Pick up a strawberry by its stem (or stick) then dip into the chocolate. Lift it out while twisting, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Repeat with all the berries and allow to rest on a piece of parchment paper. Chill for 15 minutes.

This is a crafty idea even though it is made with strawberries and chocolates! Melt white chocolate bark in microwave safe dish. Melt chocolate bark in separate microwave dish.

A few colored plastic spoons, strawberries, Dolcie Fruit Dipper, add a flag and you have a beautiful, edible centerpiece.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Fruit DessertsApril 23, 2012
🎂
🌻
📓