Making Chocolate Covered Cherries
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 158 Feedbacks
January 15, 2015
Read More Comments
This is a super easy way to make chocolate covered cherries. The kids had so much fun helping me with this recipe. I've tried a few recipes and this one is a keeper!
I did milk chocolate and another batch of white chocolate because my husband doesn't like chocolate. Gasp!
Total Time: 15 minutes to make, 30 minutes to chill.
Yield: about 40
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 40 maraschino cherries, patted dry
- chocolate chips or other melting chocolate
- 1 Tbsp of shortening
- Combine melted butter and condensed milk.
- Beat in powdered sugar. The fondant will be pretty thick. You want it to be thick and holding together. If it is too dry, add some cherry juice. If it's too wet, add some more sugar.
- Roll the fondant into balls, about 1 inch or so. You should get about 40 balls of fondant.
- Take the fondant ball and use your finger to make an indentation.
- Put 1 cherry into the fondant. Wrap the fondant around the cherry, trying to get the cherry in the center. Repeat with remaining balls of fondant.
- Place on wax paper and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips(about a cup or so) and shortening, or melting chocolate. I start at about 30 seconds in the microwave, stir, then heat another 30 seconds. Or, you could use a double boiler to melt the chocolate.
- Dip the fondant balls in the chocolate and put back on the wax paper to firm up. If the chocolate is taking a while to harden, you can stick them in the fridge to speed up the process.
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 390 Posts
January 24, 2011
So good! Drain cherries; pat dry with paper towels. In medium bowl, sift together butter and corn syrup. Stir in powdered sugar; knead into smooth ball forms.Read More...
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 5,887 Posts
September 1, 2009
Chocolate covered cherries are a delicious gift to give your sweetheart for Valentine's day. This simple recipe allows you to make them yourself.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.