Choosing a Blender

Category Kitchen Tools
Fruit in a Blender
Blenders can be an essential kitchen tool. Selecting the right one for your needs is an important decision to ensure it works well and lasts a long time. This guide is about choosing a blender.

I am trying to decide between a Ninja, Kitchenaid Diamond, Nutribullet, Breville Hemisphere, or something else? I want the best one for ice, hummus, and sofrito. Please help!

I don't want to spend more than about $150, but I'm willing to spend a bit to get something that will do what I want and not need replacing. Vitamix is out of my price range.

What I want to do:

I have watched so many YouTube reviews and read so many product comparisons today that my head is spinning. I asked a similar question on Amazon, and got answers like, "I made a yummy smoothie with bananas and milk!". This is not what I asked at all.

What do the real people here think I should buy?

Thank you so much in advance!

By Weavre from (northeast region), PA

I can tell you from personal experience, I have used multiple blenders and "processors". The best bang for your buck is getting the Ninja Mega Kitchen system (1500 watt). It includes the blender, food processor with 2 bowls (small can fit in large), 2 bullet type 16oz containers with blades and lids to drink, a dough blade for lighter mixing. It is over your $150 budget, but if you use the 20% coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond, you can purchase it for about $185 depending on sales tax. It is more than the nutribullet, but does about 10 times as much for a little more. I have had it for about 6 months and it is well worth it to make my own frappichinos alone, let alone the money you save by making your own salsa and so forth.

Do you have a Ninja? What do you think of it and what do you use it for? I don't like my blender and I'm considering buying the Ninja. I don't do a lot of baking, mostly smoothies and chopping foods. The blender does not do a very good job of chopping nor does it do a good job when putting ice cubes in for a smoothie. Any suggestions?

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

Be very careful with them. I sliced my finger very bad (11 stitches) with their blades. I prefer my immersion stick blender to anything else I use. I make lots of smoothies and even with ice I have no problem using it. I have a Braun and it has several attachments that I haven't used...yet. Good luck - Linda in PA.