Cleaning Bamboo Floors

My home has huge areas of pale hardwood bamboo floors, including a huge kitchen. Since there are big windows and skylights, every water spot or spill shows clearly. I have not found any safe wood cleaner (tried Murphy's oil soap, Swiffer Wet Jet for wooden floors and a lot of others).

I can easily remove the spills, but the floor always looks streaky when dry. I dry mop in the direction of the wood grain, and even go on my knees, but no great results, just aggravation. Please help.

By joyjoy2 from VA

Answers:

Cleaning Bamboo Floors

Maybe polish the streaks with a microfiber cloth, dry. Could wrap it and tie it around a Swiffer type thing. Or put on old socks and slide back and forth on the streaks.

Do you have a squeegee you could run over the damp spots immediately after mopping? Then catch the bead of water formed with a microfiber cloth. You might just try using the microfiber cloth to clean anything, dry, and see if that helps.
Those are all the things I would probably try. (09/17/2009)

By PIKKA

Cleaning Bamboo Floors

I would use vinegar water. I have used this for years on my hardwood floors. They are beautiful, shiny and clean. I would use a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of vinegar to a gallon of water. Try to make sure you are using just a damp mop not leaving a lot of water behind as you mop. Also, I have found using a string mop or fabric mop is much better than Swiffers, etc. Good luck with this! Costco has a great string mop for around $5. (09/19/2009)

By tupelohoney17

We bought our high gloss bamboo flooring from Bunnings. Luv Luv luv it. They told us metho. No way Jose. Our neighbour who has had bamboo floors for yrs uses 1 part vinegar to 10 parts water in a squirt bottle. Squirt this onto a clean string mop used specifically for ur bamboo areas. Once the ends of the mop are damp (not wet) mop away preferably with the direction of the planks. Has worked for her and now for us. Footprints will show if the mop us too damp.

Photo of a bamboo floor.
Cleaning Bamboo Flooring
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Bamboo
Selling Bamboo
Growing Lucky Bamboo
Growing "Lucky Bamboo"
🎄