Cleaning Burnt Pans

I have a pot that I forgot was cooking on the stove. I guess you know what happened. All the food burnt and the pot looks awful. How do I clean it and what do I use?

By Carol from AZ

Answers:

Cleaning Burnt Pans

Soak the burnt pot with water and Clorox for a few hours. Scrub the pot and rinse off with dish wash liquid. Hope this will help you. (05/17/2010)

By butterfly20

Cleaning Burnt Pans

I just read that putting a dryer sheet in the pan with hot water dissolves the mess. I have never tried it, but it was recommended in another ThriftyFun question about what are alternate uses for dryer sheets. So it may be worth a try. (05/17/2010)

By Amy3e

Cleaning Burnt Pans

I know the feeling. It's not nice when your pot burns. Try this: Add 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate soda and fill pan with water. Leave for a couple of days and it should remove it. Make sure the water is cold when filling. (05/18/2010)

By shellmax

Cleaning Burnt Pans

I have had this happen a couple of times to my good Lagostina pots. :( I tried the fabric softener, and it worked after leaving the pot for a day or 2. But the best I have found is a Dishwasher tablet - I use Cascade. Drop one in, fill with hot water, cover pot and let it sit for several hours. Worked like a charm on a pot I thought I would have to throw out! (05/19/2010)

By ERP

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Cleaning Baked On Food
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎉
🎄